OWR Comp Tape Vol 1 EVERYTHING ON SALE! $3!

These are now up!!!

http://openwaterrecords.bigcartel.com/

I got all the tapes on Thursday and have been packaging everything up. I planned on them being for sale sometime this weekend. Unfortunately the internet at my apartment is retarded and won't let me on bigcartel unless I use a proxy site, even then it doesn't let me log in. So I plan on having these up for sale at the beginning of next week. This is the rundown of what there will be available.

2 Orange Test Cassettes (Only 1 for sale)

3 Purple Test Cassettes (Only 2 for sale)

20 Transparent Purple Cassettes with White cover art and white case

100 Transparent Orange Cassettes with the normal black art and black case (only 80 of these for sale)

Yes, there are Test Cassettes for sale and they are slightly different than the normal versions. They will come with a hand written note on the differences between the Tests and the normal version. I don't think I've seen test cassettes for sale before. Well see how these go.

All these were hand assembled and the cassette covers are all hand numbered and all the cassettes come with a code to go online and get the mp3s of all the songs as well as an insert with info on all the bands. These cassettes were professionally duplicated and produced. They will all be $4+shipping (except the Test Cassettes) and they will be first come first serve, I doubt the Purple ones will last long. I will also probably be posting some package deals to get both versions or to get the Comp Tape and one of the OWR shirts (limited to 25!). I'll be posting when they go up but this is where they will be available: www.openwaterrecords.bigcartel.com

Thank you very much and check out all the bands involved. There are tons of new songs and a couple exclusives to this release! Again these are all the bands involved.

The Armed Forces (AFMF) (Nashville, www.myspace.com/thearmedforces )

Blue Cadet Three (Nashville, www.myspace.com/bluecadet3music )

Blastoids (Murfreesboro, www.myspace.com/blastoids )

Brontosaurus (Murfreesboro, www.myspace.com/brontosaurus1980 )

Captain & Company (Memphis, www.myspace.com/captainandcompany )

Castus's (Nashville, www.myspace.com/cactusshavewon )

Dolcim (Murfreesboro, www.myspace.com/dolcim )

I Need Closure (Knoxville, www.myspace.com/ineedclosuretn )

Ill Patriot (Nashville, www.myspace.com/illpatriot )

Kafka On The Shore (Nashville, www.myspace.com/kafkaontheshoreline )

Karma Elektra (Memphis, www.myspace.com/karmaelektratn )

Kintaro (Nashville, www.myspace.com/sexkintarosex )

Magic Lab (Murfreesboro, www.myspace.com/magiclabmusic )

Meemaw (Nashville, www.myspace.com/pigsinpossumalley )

Murdock (Nashville, www.myspace.com/officialmurdock )

Pots & Chains (Murfreesboro, www.myspace.com/potsandchains )

Spero, (Nashville, www.myspace.com/sperorock )

Turbo Fruits (Nashville, www.myspace.com/turbofruits )

While I Breathe, I Hope (Memphis, www.myspace.com/wibih )

Vere (Memphis/Jackson, www.myspace.com/vereband )

Also a quick update on The Dingees-The Crucial Conspiracy LP. They are at the pressing plant right now. I'm hoping for a release sometime in June.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Also I will have some of the cassettes that Sean (Dolcim, ex Cease Upon The Capitol) just got done for his solo project. Kafka On The Shore-Content To Drift/100, he's taking most of them on tour with him to Europe but he's gonna give me some to sell for him when people order the tape. He gave me one yesterday and it's really cool, made to be listened to through headphones. It's pretty awesome. This won't apply to many of you but he's taking some of these comp tapes to Europe with him if you might be catching Dolcim this summer sometime.

Just an idea but it would be cool to do download codes.

I'm always way more motivated to buy new releases of stuff I'm unfamiliar with if I can hear it.

Stoked on tapes!

Dude, there are download codes with this! Each cassette has one of those little cards in the middle between the cassette and the cases. Those are cards that have codes on them and tell you to go to digital.deadformat.net to type in the code. That's why part of the code is blocked out in the picture.

I don't think I've said this yet but each side is right over 30 minutes, so it's alot of music. A-side is a little softer genre wise, B-side is heavier.

Just an idea but it would be cool to do download codes.

I'm always way more motivated to buy new releases of stuff I'm unfamiliar with if I can hear it.

Stoked on tapes!

Dude, there are download codes with this! Each cassette has one of those little cards in the middle between the cassette and the cases. Those are cards that have codes on them and tell you to go to digital.deadformat.net to type in the code. That's why part of the code is blocked out in the picture.

I don't think I've said this yet but each side is right over 30 minutes, so it's alot of music. A-side is a little softer genre wise, B-side is heavier.

sorry!

guess i missed that.

thx

Thanks to anyone who has bought so far. I think I'm gonna lower the price of the Test Cassettes when I get a chance to log in to bigcartel sometime tomorrow(still on the dumb internet server). I put them higher than I initially wanted so I plan on lowering them tomorrow if anyone is interested. Again thanks for checking it out.