post your nightmare transaction stories here...

Case: Me vs. Lobster Records

++I ordered two copies of Mock Oranges "record play" on vinyl March 27th, 2009

++I was notified by someone at the label that they did in fact have copies...

++I sent a follow up email the next day to confirm... and one a month later via email and myspace (they read my letter and have not responded)

++Yesterday I filed a Paypal dispute, after having waited almost 2 months with no response...

No word back from them yet. I'm pretty heartbroken.

Has anyone ever had a similar response?

Guest kevinb

not trying to be a dick but after filing a claim you should have escalated it with pay pal

unless you took that second step...

it's still bullshit esp since someone read you're letter

Burnt toast vinyl.

this guys needs to keep track of his inventory, ordered Mount Eerie live in copenhagen from em, one month passed, no record and no communication whatsoever, emailed asking what the deal was.....told me that he accidentally sent the last few copies of said record out on tour with a band and that i should learn some patience. I requested he not be a dick and notify me when he ships, two months and 10+ emails later he finally has the records in hand and ships it out to me, acts as if he is doing me a favor.......

i'm not fully soured on burnt toast, i just wish he kept his stock updated as the past two things i've ordered from him have been out of stock and orders were cancelled soon afterward.

Burnt toast vinyl.

this guys needs to keep track of his inventory, ordered Mount Eerie live in copenhagen from em, one month passed, no record and no communication whatsoever, emailed asking what the deal was.....told me that he accidentally sent the last few copies of said record out on tour with a band and that i should learn some patience. I requested he not be a dick and notify me when he ships, two months and 10+ emails later he finally has the records in hand and ships it out to me, acts as if he is doing me a favor.......

i'm not fully soured on burnt toast, i just wish he kept his stock updated as the past two things i've ordered from him have been out of stock and orders were cancelled soon afterward.

I would be pretty fucking soured by that.

Burnt toast vinyl.

I would be pretty fucking soured by that.

yeah, but he did pull through and get the record out to me, i still think he's sort of a dick though.

Not vinyl, but i ordered a Quireboys DVD from play on 16/07/07. It arrived on Saturday (09/05/09)

that is brutal.

Tell me about it. I ordered it and got an email about a day later saying that it was out of stock but they would ship it to me as soon as they got it back in. I completely forgot about it until it fell through my letter box.

Uh, right now I had to file my first ebay/paypal dispute.

Basically I won a few test presses. Dude lives like 10 miles away (at most). I have had no contact for over a month. I emailed 2 separate times through email and never got a response. I sent the last message through ebay. No response on any communication so I had to bite the bullet and file a dispute. It's pretty weak since he's sold and purchased other items since the transaction.

Uh, right now I had to file my first ebay/paypal dispute.

Basically I won a few test presses. Dude lives like 10 miles away (at most). I have had no contact for over a month. I emailed 2 separate times through email and never got a response. I sent the last message through ebay. No response on any communication so I had to bite the bullet and file a dispute. It's pretty weak since he's sold and purchased other items since the transaction.

He lives that close and you still haven't gone over there?? Holy shit, you should go OHIOPRIDE on his ass!

Burnt toast vinyl.

Greeeat. Burnt Toast just oversold the new mewithoutYou album test presses and I still don't know if I was one of those.

Ordered Sun Kil Moon and Devendra Banhart off Aural Exploits 24th Jan 2009, got shipping notification 28th Jan and still no sign. I've emailed them loads of times, and I get fobbed off all the time - "give it another week", "I'll try and track it", "email me after the weekend I'll send a duplicate" Too late to file with paypal now. Bummed.

Guest drahtuos

southern lord took my money and never shipped out my earth - the bees made honey in the lion's skull and they never responded to my emails. this was months and months ago. i will never order from them again, they have been slow to ship and communicate in the past, but this was the final straw. fuck southern lord.

Ordered Sun Kil Moon and Devendra Banhart off Aural Exploits 24th Jan 2009, got shipping notification 28th Jan and still no sign. I've emailed them loads of times, and I get fobbed off all the time - "give it another week", "I'll try and track it", "email me after the weekend I'll send a duplicate" Too late to file with paypal now. Bummed.

I got fucked my aural exploits too

dang, i would never let the paypal deadline pass. even if you're sure they're gonna send.

i emailed someone once letting them know i was filing a dispute only to cover my ass because i knew the deadline was coming up and not because i though they were bullshitting. i ended up getting the record one time and another time actually having to escalate the dispute