Bears - S/T LP - limited to 300 copies/screen cvr

Bears - S/T LP - Limited to 300 copies / silkscreen covers / includes CD-R of album.

[image]

www.bearspop.com / www.myspace.com/bearspop

Sadly I just found out about this band a few months ago totally by chance...which is sad since they are from about 45 minutes from me and play a number of venues I hit up pretty often.

Not the most groundbreaking band, but pretty solid "pop" music. I thought a few folks on here would dig it. According to their website they were just in AP's "100 Bands to Watch" list.

I've never heard of these guys before, but I'm really liking it. It reminds me of Simon and Garfunkel.

I can see that for sure. A few tracks on the CD remind me of Cat Stevens a bit, at least in the arrangements. From what I can tell they've self released everything so far, but I could see some labels showing intrest (if they haven't already) after the AP nod.

Really good band, probably one of the best local bands Cleveland has right now. If you're into the Shins, Belle And Sebastian, etc., check this out.

Are they any good live? Someone sold the CD back to the store months ago and I put it in on a whim and really really enjoyed it.

I may head up to the Tilly and The Wall show just to catch them.

• 1 month later...