Picked up a couple of LP's in London

Hi guys,

I just got back from a 2month trip to Europe and picked up a couple of records in London before I left and was curious about pressing info on them.

I found Nirvana Nevermind in a record store for 10pounds (About $21AUD) and was happy with that. Got home and pulled it out of the sleeve and its a nice bright blue. The date on the sleeve says 1991 and I couldn't find anything about a recent repress on this colour.

I also picked up Guns N Roses Appetite for Destruction on Green vinyl with the previously banned cover for 15pound and cant seem to find a great deal of info on this either.

Another was Def Leppard Hysteria and this has a gold stamp on it saying "Promotional Copy Not For Resale". Does this do anything to help its value?

Could anyone shed some light on these records for me?

Thanks for your help.

Paul

I think it's along the same lines as...when I was in Germany earlier this year they had a bunch of Nirvana "Hormoaning" LPs at a store in Heidelberg. They were bootlegs, but the real LPs go for so much money that it wouldn't necessarily be a bad purchase just to hear the music on vinyl.

So either way, I think it's a good purchase if you enjoy the albums and colored vinyl!