WWDC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't buy a new one until July 19th or you might be quite annoyed.

to get bugs sorted out?

I'm waiting until then anyways since I'll be getting funds for my birthday!

Unfortunately it seems some of the early gen Apple hardware stuff has little annoyances that gets sorted quickly but usually exist in the first generation stuff.

I don't see anything outside of landscape-per-app and MMS as cornerstone of the phone's actual function. You have a big list of features and you have to pick-and-choose. I think they made some good decisions.

And honestly, outside of cut-n-paste, something I've actually never felt the need for with my touch, no necessary features were excluded. I really don't. I don't need my phone to do marginally decent video.

I was never big on copy and paste either, I've needed it once or twice, but that's another feature that could have been included.

We know those features worked, because they did on the Jailbroken iPhones -- even video recorded. Apple tends to keep a few balls in their court.

I was never big on copy and paste either, I've needed it once or twice, but that's another feature that could have been included.

We know those features worked, because they did on the Jailbroken iPhones -- even video recorded. Apple tends to keep a few balls in their court.

I guess from my perspective the feature set of the first rev was quite rich and I wouldn't have traded any of those features for any of the new ones.

You shouldn't have to trade though. A lot of things should have been available is what I'm saying. I came from a crappy Windows Mobile Phone that could do a lot and at times it felt like the iPhone was a step backwards as much as it was a step forwards.

I forgot about the rumors of a price drop in monthly plans, it's a shame that didn't happen.

Question...

I currently have the 3G. I just got it about 6-months ago, maybe. Say I want to get the 3G, what do I do? Will I be able to go out and get the new one and just resign my contract for 2 years?

Can I sell my current phone for billions of dollars on eBay?

You shouldn't have to trade though. A lot of things should have been available is what I'm saying.

I know, and that's totally unrealistic. Apple was trying to do something from the ground-up that was just wholly different from the normal smart phone experience. What I'm saying is, when you take that on yourself, you make compromises.