VC Update (Broadway Calls,In the Red,Josh Small,Ka

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

Pretty much every week is out of control busy here at Vinyl Collective, but this week is extraordinarily crazy busy. We have some killer Pre-orders to announce this week and we are expecting a ton of records to arrive that we have been waiting long and hard for, and we have a few ideas to run by you. Without further ado, here are the haps on the craps:

PRE-ORDERS

* You already know about the Broadway Calls "Good Views, Bad News" LP which we will be posting pre-orders for tomorrow, Tuesday, June 23rd. I just wanted to remind all of you because this is a record that is certain to sell out and I don't want you guys to miss out. This is gonna be a big year for Broadway Calls as they are about to release one of the great albums of 2009. Pre-order commences at 2pm Mountain Standard time.

* On Thursday, June 25th, we have 2 Suburban Home pre-orders to share with you. First off, we have the repress of Josh Small's, "Tall by Josh Small". The first pressing of 200 copies sold out and as we were thinking about repressing it, we asked our friends at Hometown Caravan if they wanted to co-release it. They agreed so with this repress, we are putting out 500 copies on Frosty Green Vinyl w/ silk-screened jackets. Hometown Caravan are getting 250, we are getting 250. We should have copies in hand by next week.

* The other pre-order we have is a 4 way split 7" with In the Red, Anchor Down, Bastards of Young, and Drunken Boat. These bands are touring together in July and it was agreed that we should do a record. The songs are all great and for those of you curious, the In the Red track was recorded in between Volume 1 and Volume 2 so as you might wonder, the song finds that middle ground between the sound on volume 1 and volume 2. It is a great song. The pressing is out of 1,000 copies (300 on Red, 700 on Black) w/ 4 different jackets (corresponding to each band on the split). More info will be announced on Thursday.

ARRIVALS

* On either Tuesday or Wednesday, we will be receiving In the Red's Volume 1.5.1 7", Lemuria / Off With Their Heads Under the Influence 7", and the repress of Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground's s/t double LP. Let me tell you now that once we send out pre-orders and fulfill distributor orders, the Lemuria / Off With Their Heads UTI will be out of print. Pre-order one now to ensure you get a copy.

* We just got all the parts for the Jon Snodgrass / Cory Branan split cassette and more than likely by week's end, we will be getting the vinyl for Jon Snodgrass / Cory Branan split LP.

* We just got in the Young Widows/Pelican split 7", Aggrolites LP, Pavement Boxset, Devil Wears Prada LP, Dinosaur Jr double LP, Green Day 21st Century Breakdown LP, Future of the Left LP, and more.

IDEAS

* Are any of you on Blip.fm? I have been messing around with it and love the site. It is like Last.fm mixed with Twitter. I highly encourage all of you to check it out and sign up. It is a great way to recommend music and to share your thoughts on certain songs. Check out my profile at http://blip.fm/Suburbanhome

* I was curious if anyone thought it would be cool for us to film us playing cuts from our recently arrived vinyl and/or test pressings as we play them for the first time. I thought it might be a cool way for people to experience the sound and sight of records we have recently received. Thoughts?

* Have you checked out Kickstarter.com? I recently set up an account and think this could be a great way to gauge interest and raise funds pressing limited edition vinyl. Expect a few experiments shortly.

Guest Admin
excited to get the in the red 1.5. are the mp3s of the whole thing getting sent out at the same time as #1 still?

you know this.

Guest Admin
the video of you guys listening to the test pressings when you get them in sounds like an awesome idea

also do you know when you are gonna get the farewell continental 7"s in?

good question, I will email p+p right now.

Guest Admin

also do you know when you are gonna get the farewell continental 7"s in?

just got word from p+p, they will ship to us today. We should ahve them by early next week. thanks.

Guest Admin
Any idea when you guys will be getting the Pelican - Ephemeral records that we preordered?

southern lord said they sent them last tuesday which would have meant we would have recieved them on friday. I emailed them last night to find out what's up.