Looks like I'm moving to Orlando next month

The moral of the story is that Florida is just a fucking terrible place to establish a home address in no matter where you go.

Good luck in Orlando, Mr. Yancey, and with the job hunt as well.

If you're making the trek across I-4 to Tampa to see a show or whatever, let me know.

You can pick up Trizz in Lakeland on the way.

Daytona Beach was awesome a few years ago.

Orlando was awesome at one point as well. Seems like the only two cities that can hold it together are Gainesville and Tampa, and even Tampa had a little dark period after 403 Chaos went under and the late 90's scene died.

Yeah. Bands tour through Orlando fairly often and there's even a few locals who are pretty solid. Plus they have some record stores (okay, two if we're not counting Hot Topic). The area in which I currently live (Melbourne, Brevard County) has none of these things.

Winter Park rules! It's the only reason I can stand the Orlando area. I'm not really fond of the Tampa area that much either, especially St. Pete. Every time we go down there to see my mother in law I wonder if we'll make it out alive.

Now that I think of it I'm not really crazy about any "large" city in Florida.

But yeah, my opinion means nothing. I would like to have a shit ton of land and not have to come in contact with anybody unless I venture out to see a show or pick up a record. Friends can just come to my house and chill. People suck. :)

Yeah. Bands tour through Orlando fairly often and there's even a few locals who are pretty solid. Plus they have some record stores (okay, two if we're not counting Hot Topic). The area in which I currently live (Melbourne, Brevard County) has none of these things.

I think History is from Orlando/Winter Park. Those guys + gal are solid.

Melbourne has/had a pretty good skramz scene for a while. Not everybody's thing, though.

Why do we live in Florida at all? Everywhere sucks unless you're on vacation. To get to anywhere that may suck marginally less than where you are presently situated, you have to drive through long stretches of places that suck exponentially worse than where you came from or are going to. The scenery along the way sucks as well.

And if that wasn't bad enough, the entire state is little more than a sore thumb sticking out into hurricane alley. The Floridian peninsula serves as a gigantic barrier island for the rest of the gulf coast. Insurance costs a fortune, the cost of living is excessive...

Shit. This state is horrible. Maybe it should sink.

Winter Park rules! It's the only reason I can stand the Orlando area. I'm not really fond of the Tampa area that much either, especially St. Pete. Every time we go down there to see my mother in law I wonder if we'll make it out alive.

Now that I think of it I'm not really crazy about any "large" city in Florida.

But yeah, my opinion means nothing. I would like to have a shit ton of land and not have to come in contact with anybody unless I venture out to see a show or pick up a record. Friends can just come to my house and chill. People suck. :)

My girlfriend was telling me about some hipster bar in Winter Park that was really small (above or next to a bakery, I think?) but had a huge beer selection. I can't remember the name of the place, but yeah, I want to go to there.

Why do we live in Florida at all? Everywhere sucks unless you're on vacation. To get to anywhere that may suck marginally less than where you are presently situated, you have to drive through long stretches of places that suck exponentially worse than where you came from or are going to. The scenery along the way sucks as well.

And if that wasn't bad enough, the entire state is little more than a sore thumb sticking out into hurricane alley. The Floridian peninsula serves as a gigantic barrier island for the rest of the gulf coast. Insurance costs a fortune, the cost of living is excessive...

I don't know why I even live here. I mean, I grew up in Ormond-by-the-Sea and went to school in St. Augustine. I really figured I would have left after that. But here I am a year later, back where I fucking started. Maybe it's like Lost and everybody stuck here is Desmond; we can't leave until we finish something.

I don't know why I even live here. I mean, I grew up in Ormond-by-the-Sea and went to school in St. Augustine. I really figured I would have left after that. But here I am a year later, back where I fucking started. Maybe it's like Lost and everybody stuck here is Desmond; we can't leave until we finish something.

Yeah, the lady and I are hoping this'll be a temporary move while she finishes school at UCF, after which we'll move somewhere a little more affordable.