Im going to be in DC on Thursday

go to baltimore. reptilian records and soundgarden there.

you from baltimore? these two shops are actually my least favorite. reptilian has very small selection of not too good stuff (best thing i ever saw in there was an o pioneers 12"), and soundgarden is mainly indie stuff that's super easy to find. they do sometimes get some sweet imports though.

if you happen to be in baltimore, i highly recommend celebrated summer records. awesome dude that owns the shop, and a HUGE selection for such a tiny place. i found alot of my rarest/coolest stuff there. he also prices very well. not ebay prices, but not stupid.

also, check out the hot topics, duh!

Baltimore hijack. We gangstta like dat.

Soundgarden i do like a lot just cuz of their superwide selection and really choice new releases. Celebrated summer is really cool too, but they dont have much that isnt punk, doom, post or new wave.

Best shop hands down be the truvine. Massive amount of records and all the good local noise. Also Normals is right up there with the vine, theyre sick

Soundgarden i do like a lot just cuz of their superwide selection and really choice new releases. Celebrated summer is really cool too, but they dont have much that isnt punk, doom, post or new wave.

Best shop hands down be the truvine. Massive amount of records and all the good local noise. Also Normals is right up there with the vine, theyre sick

where are these?

no im originaly from western md. but went to baltimore occasionaly. currently in Nc. ill check those out when im up there next.

did the real borf ever wind up going to jail? ive been out of the loop in that game for awhile. last i heard he wore a paint splatterd suit or jumpsuit maybe to court. i never heard anything afterwards.

no im originaly from western md. but went to baltimore occasionaly. currently in Nc. ill check those out when im up there next.

did the real borf ever wind up going to jail? ive been out of the loop in that game for awhile. last i heard he wore a paint splatterd suit or jumpsuit maybe to court. i never heard anything afterwards.

haha, i didn't even here that. i have no idea. last i heard he was caught, i didn't hear anything after,

On February 9, 2006, Tsombikos was sentenced to 30 days in the D.C. Jail, with an additional 17 months suspended, as well as the community service and restitution specified in his plea agreement.

fuck record stores.

Amsterdam Falafel.

+1. And after you're finished with your falafel, go across the street to Smash Records (as suggested above). http://www.smashrecords.com/wordpress/

Then go next door to Crooked Beat. They have a decent vinyl selection of all types of music. http://www.crookedbeat.com/

If you're into 60s garage and soul and that type of thing, there's another place on 14th right by Cafe St. Ex called Som Records:

http://www.somrecordsdc.com/

Finally, if you have access to a car and want to browse a huge place with all types of music (only a small and strange punk section though, hit up Joe's record paradise in Rockville.

Feel free to pm me with questions.

Guest baseball

True, I always hit up Soundgarden for more popular stuff. Sometimes their vinyl section is parse but lately it's been pretty good. Just got Vampire Weekend and the newest Hives album there on Sunday.

I have gotten some really good stuff at Celebrated Summer too. But yeah, they're definitely more genre specific, not that it's a bad thing.

Pretty sure I read something about Normals but haven't been there yet. Should be right near me judging from your other post. I'll have to check out the one in Hampden too.

Guest baseball
what is the store in baltimore thats right on the harbor. i remember when i was there years ago they had a pretty good selection

Soundgarden is in Fells Point, which is right along the water.

+1. And after you're finished with your falafel, go across the street to Smash Records (as suggested above). http://www.smashrecords.com/wordpress/

Then go next door to Crooked Beat. They have a decent vinyl selection of all types of music. http://www.crookedbeat.com/

If you're into 60s garage and soul and that type of thing, there's another place on 14th right by Cafe St. Ex called Som Records:

http://www.somrecordsdc.com/

Finally, if you have access to a car and want to browse a huge place with all types of music (only a small and strange punk section though, hit up Joe's record paradise in Rockville.

Feel free to pm me with questions.

This guy knows the score. Definitely hit up Smash first as they'll be your best bet to get fairly priced stuff and potential steals. I've found sick stuff there (Kid Dynamite ST - $9) every time I go - which as of late has been weekly. This is where you'll probably drop the most cash.

Then, Crooked Beat is like 10 ft away. They tend to be on the pricey side of things (you'll find stuff you just looked at in Smash for 50% more), with slim chances of finding any gems. Good selection of new releases though - and you'll be steeping in a bit of DC HC history since it used to be the building that housed Madams Organ.

If you go out the door and head left, then cross the street, you'll stumble onto a used CD/video game type place. They have a shit ton of used records in the back, but most of 'em are terrible DJ 12"s. If you're up for some searching you may yield results. I found a sweet spread of HWM 7"s there one day for like a buck a throw.

Then head back down the street and get yourself some Falafel.

Som records is a bit of a walk, but not an unpleasant one. The dude there is real nice and laid back. Mostly Jazz and Soul. However, there's always some punk to be found in the new/just in area. Definitely found great stuff there before.

Joe's is a half day adventure. There's so much crap there. Not much punk, but lots of Jazz, metal, rock, garage and all types of stuff fer cheap. Recommended.

Best o luck.

Thanks dudes!

One more thing I forgot to mention -

I know your post says you'll be here thursday, but if you're in town friday night you can go see Obits play. That's Rick Froberg's (ex-Hot Snakes, Drive Like Jehu) new band. The show is at Comet Ping Pong.

True story thursday ill be in DC

Friday morning I have class in Delaware

Friday afternoon Im driving to North Carolina. Ughh Depressing

hahah hey while I am at it, anyone know of any shops around the Raleigh area?