Nimrod repress

Guest markovianprocess

I got a single version too. To be fair though each repress so far has been a disappointment with the promises of double LPs and 180 gram pressings. Lies!

I got a single version too. To be fair though each repress so far has been a disappointment with the promises of double LPs and 180 gram pressings. Lies!

agreed. all the things that they said they were going to do for all these represses have all been bullshit so far.

But I'm still stoked on getting Nimrod on vinyl even if it isnt 180. I got the original press and its more of a collectors item than anything...doesn't even sound that great. Dookie on 180 has been the best sounding repress so far.

agreed. all the things that they said they were going to do for all these represses have all been bullshit so far.

But I'm still stoked on getting Nimrod on vinyl even if it isnt 180. I got the original press and its more of a collectors item than anything...doesn't even sound that great. Dookie on 180 has been the best sounding repress so far.

Are you saying the repress sounds better than the original or haven't you heard it yet?

any word on the Warning repress? since the first press is still so readily available, are they doing anything special for the repress to try and get people to buy it?

Dont think so, if anything it will be even less of a reason to buy it as Im sure its just on black vinyl and you can easily find it on green.

the Adeline press of Warning is pretty easy to find and for cheap too. why they chose to do re-pressings of Warning and American Idiot is beyond me.

Cause this repress is from WB so I assume they want to make some money off this now. Im sure they figure that since they are donig the rest of the catalog they might as well do this one too.

it makes sense on paper, them going chronologically and all so that's why things that are still in print Warner/Reprise is coming up to now. but to smart people it's futile. why pay almost double for something you can get for half, plus it's an earlier pressing. didn't Reprise or Warner press American Idiot though, or is that Adeline too?

• 3 weeks later...
i got my copy of nimrod through my local record store since they can items that are in their sytem and not in store shipped to them the next day and paid 18.99. sounds really good though

What?

I got mine through Interpunk. Trash Interpunk all you want, but it is my favorite place for mailorder.

my local store doesn't always have everything in stock and if its in their computer system they can order it and it comes into their store the next day. pretty cool stuff