IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN B

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN BOAT split 7" red vinyl cherry cover PO

IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN BOAT split 7" red vinyl grey cover PO

IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN BOAT split 7" red vinyl canary cover PO

IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN BOAT split 7" red vinyl ivory cover PO

IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN BOAT split 7" black vinyl cherry cover PO

IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN BOAT split 7" black vinyl grey cover PO

IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN BOAT split 7" black vinyl canary cover PO

IN THE RED/ANCHOR DOWN/BASTARDS OF YOUNG/DRUNKEN BOAT split 7" black vinyl ivory cover PO

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=SH148

As most of you know, Mike Hale has dedicated his life to the road. Most of that time will be spent performing solo, but whenever possible, In the Red, will also be touring. While Mike was wrapping up a tour with Ninja Gun, we had been talking about finding a good tour for In the Red to do in July and as fate would have it our friends in Anchor Down were putting together a tour with Bastards of Young and Drunken Boat. The routing we had planned ran into their tour so it came up why not do the tour together. Luckily for us, the bands on the tour were ok with adding another band and as the tour got finalized, we also discussed the possibility of a tour 7". It really is amazing that all 4 bands either had a song or were recording a new song and that this all came together as quickly as it did. The In the Red track, "Here We All Die" was from a session in between the recordings of Volume 1 and Volume 2. As you might guess, the sound fits somewhere in between, too. The other tracks were recorded recently specifically for this 4 way split and let me say that all 4 songs are fantastic. I had already been a big fan of Anchor Down and their track is excellent. I wasn't as familiar with Bastards of Young or Drunken Boat, but their songs are amazing and they can both count me as a fan now. This is an excellent record.

The pressing info is a little confusing. Let me start by explaining that there are 4 different colors of jackets for the silk-screened jackets (250 of each). Each band picked a color of paper : In the Red (Cherry), Anchor Down (Grey), Bastards of Young (Ivory), and Drunken Boat (Canary). The vinyl will be pressed out of an edition of 1,000 copies (300 on red vinyl, 700 on black vinyl). So for you mathletes out there, the breakdown will be

75 Red vinyl on Cherry paper, 75 Red vinyl on Grey paper, 75 Red vinyl on Ivory paper, 75 Red vinyl on Canary Paper

175 Black vinyl on Cherry paper, 175 Black vinyl on Grey paper, 175 Black vinyl on Ivory paper, 175 Black vinyl on Canary Paper

Understand that we did not do this to make people buy more than one version (or 8 variants), but it was suggested that on the tour, it would be cool if each band had their own version of the record. I opted not to sell a set with all 8 variants either because I did not want to encourage buying all 8. I do encourage you buy one copy as the record is bad ass.

Track Listing:

In the Red "Here We All Die"

Anchor Down "All Perfume"

Bastards of Young "Earthquake Weather"

Drunken Boat "Hell Freezes Over"

Pre-order this record and enter for a chance to win a test pressing. We should have copies of the vinyl by late July, early August.

Guest Admin
Just get both colors for the cover color of the band you collect. Problem solved, money saved.

I agree. Like I said in my original post, we did not do 8 variants expecting people to buy all 8. Just get the In the Red version and collection is still intact.

Thanks for the kind words about Bastards of Young Virgil. We’re all really excited this tour came together as it did and the tour 7” is the icing on the cake.

Chris (xunspokenliesx) posts here regularly and has been singing Bastards of Young’s praises for a while, but as a longtime lurker of the board I figured this split 7” announcement was as good a time as any to start posting.

If you enjoy their stuff, the material from their split with Wolves & Thieves is awesome and available in the VC webstore. Tunes and tour dates at myspace.com/youngbastards

Hope to see some of you at the Sacto and SF dates.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the kind words about Bastards of Young Virgil. We’re all really excited this tour came together as it did and the tour 7” is the icing on the cake.

Chris (xunspokenliesx) posts here regularly and has been singing Bastards of Young’s praises for a while, but as a longtime lurker of the board I figured this split 7” announcement was as good a time as any to start posting.

If you enjoy their stuff, the material from their split with Wolves & Thieves is awesome and available in the VC webstore. Tunes and tour dates at myspace.com/youngbastards

Never listened to Bastards of Young until seeing them on this split. Ended up buying the split and the split with Wolves and Thieves. Really look forward to more stuff from them.

Never listened to Bastards of Young until seeing them on this split. Ended up buying the split and the split with Wolves and Thieves. Really look forward to more stuff from them.

Awesome. Thanks for the support. We hope you enjoy it. We've been in love with Bastards of Young since we first heard them and are incredibly excited for this tour.

Glad that you are digging their stuff. We're really proud of our releases and glad that people are enjoying them. If you're out towards the west check out their tour dates as it starts this weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just got my copy today.

Anybody else notice that the B-side label credits the Drunken Boat song to Anchor Down? Or do i have some super rare shit that's going to make me rich?

the dudes from anchor down who did the layout messed that up. it isn't a rare variant.

Just got my copy today.

Anybody else notice that the B-side label credits the Drunken Boat song to Anchor Down? Or do i have some super rare shit that's going to make me rich?

the dudes from anchor down who did the layout messed that up. it isn't a rare variant.

Cheers buddy. I was only joking, just thought i would check!