Madoff gets 150 years

Maximum sentence. Don't know where he's going yet, but it won't be his yacht.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/business/30madoff.html?_r=1&hp

Probably his condo. Seriously, I know it's only because they're making an example of him and I knot there will be endless appeals but this does make me happy.

Now let's catch some murderers and rapists, right cops?

He's not going to get paroled "rather easily." The judge gave him the maximum sentence because of the severity of the damage done to his victims and called his crimes "extraordinary evil".

Irrelevant what the judge says. There is no min-man for something of this gravity. He could be sentenced to 500 years and be out in 5.

He's not going to get paroled "rather easily." The judge gave him the maximum sentence because of the severity of the damage done to his victims and called his crimes "extraordinary evil".

Irrelevant what the judge says. There is no min-man for something of this gravity. He could be sentenced to 500 years and be out in 5.

You're right, it is irrelevant what the judge says when sentencing him. But you're wrong when you say there's no minimum time that he has to serve. He has to serve 80% of this sentence before being eligible for parole. So if he lived to 191 years, he could get out.

And for the record, he couldn't be sentenced to 500 years. Max is 150.

You're right, it is irrelevant what the judge says when sentencing him. But you're wrong when you say there's no minimum time that he has to serve. He has to serve 80% of this sentence before being eligible for parole. So if he lived to 191 years, he could get out.

80%?? You crazy? If that was the case, 80% of this country would be behind bars.

In most cases, you need only serve 33% of your time before parole eligibility. And that's not a rule, either. It can be less. Much less.

And I didn't say minimum -- I said minimum-mandatory. Big difference. I don't believe there is a minimum-mandatory for this crime.

80%?? You crazy? If that was the case, 80% of this country would be behind bars.

In most cases, you need only serve 33% of your time before parole eligibility. And that's not a rule, either. It can be less. Much less.

And I didn't say minimum -- I said minimum-mandatory. Big difference. I don't believe there is a minimum-mandatory for this crime.

Sorry, I should have wrote min-man, it's what I meant.

But you're wrong. Federal sentencing guidelines in this case require 80% of time served before being eligible for parole. I'm not the only one saying it, look at CNN and CBS

Sorry, I should have wrote min-man, it's what I meant.

But you're wrong. Federal sentencing guidelines in this case require 80% of time served before being eligible for parole. I'm not the only one saying it, look at CNN and CBS

Can we at least fuck him up when he gets out?