• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm wondering why everyone hates Lesner so much? The last month i've heard so much about how MIR's gonna wipe the floor with him, yet, I kinda knew he wasn't gonna go down that road just attacking and he'd play it smart. Again, he pummeled MIR like he has just about everyone else. It's gonna take someone with a lot more skill and power to defeat him i think.

Lesner had 20 pounds on Mir at the weight in and probably a lot more t fight time. also Lesner throws punch that are very close to the back of the head. ALso he is a dick and Mir was very humble about it.

20 pounds isn't that much of a difference. Fedor Emelianenko has fought people who exceeded 35 pounds in open weight division and put them down and made them submit. Mir's BJJ and submissions training, or the apparent submissions he had that "LESNER COULDN"T EVEN PRONOUNCE" did nothing. Mir has spouted off shit before the fight. Calling him a "oaf" and what not. Lesner went in feeling cheated and had to prove himself. THe fans shit on him aferwards. Sure it cocky and brash, but this is first offense. When he fought Couture, he was humbled to be even fighting with him. I think people just do not like him because he's confident and has a short record that put him over most competitors. Not so much cocky. Tito Ortiz is far worse than Lesner has proven as far as attitude. He apologized after the fight anyways, but lets' see how he handles himself next time around.

The only thing we can all look forward to know is Fedor Emelianenko vs Lesner. This will probably determine who the real champion is. If it even happens

first of all, lesnar has no skill whatsoever with fighting, he just lays on you and pounds the side of your head, at one point he was even choking mir...i can't believe nobody else saw that. second, he's a dick, everything he did and said after that fight was completely uncalled for, i lost respect for that guy last night.

first of all, lesnar has no skill whatsoever with fighting, he just lays on you and pounds the side of your head, at one point he was even choking mir...i can't believe nobody else saw that. second, he's a dick, everything he did and said after that fight was completely uncalled for, i lost respect for that guy last night.

That's like Shaq beating Jordan in a game of 1 on 1 and then someone complaining that the only reason Shaq won because of his size.

Lesner comes from a wrestling background. he's not just a street fighter. I've already proven my point that a 20 pound advantage holds nothing when it comes to floor technique. Mirr has extensive BJJ experience and is a great striker. Not to mention he knows much more grand tactics than Lesner, yet Lesner still beat MIR exactly at what he exceeds at.

His response after the fight was unprofessional but like Dana White said. It's not in his nature to be that obtuse and it's more his conditioning in WWE towards a heated crowd that brought that out of him. He apologized. It's not like he has been a asshole this whole time. he was humble with his fight with Coutore and even said "it was a honor fighting him. Mir deserved everything he got for calling him a "oaf". Mind you, if he still does things like this, it proves he has a unprofessional attitude, so be it, call him a dick, but saying he's unskillful is far from right. being a dick doesn't lose or win fights.. it's your skill level. hell look at kobe.

hell look at muhammad ali. that guy was the biggest shit talker before and after fights, he was not humble in the least. yet he's probably one of the most praised athletes in boxing despite his cockiness.

Do you think when the two shirtless, shaved, buff men are in their prolonged embraces on the mat, they whisper sweet nothings in each others' ears?

UFC is seriously some of the most homoerotic television I've ever seen. Not saying that's a bad thing at all, just that it's funny considering most of its fanbase (Bruno, anyone?).

The couple times I've seen it they do more holding each other on the ground than actual fighting.

people don't like Lesnar because he was handed the belt after a handful of fights.

hes a prick motherfucker, and Fedor would rape him.

he was taught to be a dick in WWE though, if you ever watched him back in the day, he was taught to taunt and piss everbody off after it was over, true heel fasion.

different game now. he never does it again i'll let this one slide. but i think he enjoys being the bad guy too much. Ortiz bad? fuck wait til Lesnar gets started.

He's a world class wrestler (former NCAA Champion). It might be boring to watch, but you can't say he doesn't have any skill. Wrestlers have proven to be some of the best MMA fighters. He is a total asshole however.

people don't like Lesnar because he was handed the belt after a handful of fights.

hes a prick motherfucker, and Fedor would rape him.

he was taught to be a dick in WWE though, if you ever watched him back in the day, he was taught to taunt and piss everbody off after it was over, true heel fasion.

different game now. he never does it again i'll let this one slide. but i think he enjoys being the bad guy too much. Ortiz bad? fuck wait til Lesnar gets started.

I can see how people can be upset that he didn't work his way up, but when you start off beating the shit out of the best people in your weight class, im sure they aren't gonna put you at the bottom of the heep to work your way up if they know you can beat the top fighters. But i do think this is a main reason people don't like him.. that and his confidence.

As far as handed to him, he took and beat the living shit out of everyone in his weight division. He beat the champion just like anyone else would have. I think he's proved himself as of last night.

As far as his attitude, yea, if he keeps acting like a douche, then by all means, everyone has a right to not like him for being a dick. I will give him the benefit of the doubt though.

I so want to see Fador fight Lesner.. I think the only way Lesner can beat him is as a striker. Fador's strike ability is great, but one good punch by Lesner any man is gonna get knocked out. including Fador. But if Fador can get him on the ground, i think he can take him within a minute.

Inside the UFC, Shane Carwin has the best chance of beating Lesnar. Carwin's the same size but with bigger hands and has decimated everyone he's been up against in the UFC.

I'm surprised that Bonnar managed to lose against Coleman. I've yet to see the fight but I have no idea how ANYONE could lose to someone with cardio that rivals the fittest men and women at the local retirement homes.

And WAR GSP, I don't know who in the welterweight division can take him and I love it!

That's like Shaq beating Jordan in a game of 1 on 1 and then someone complaining that the only reason Shaq won because of his size.

Lesner comes from a wrestling background. he's not just a street fighter. I've already proven my point that a 20 pound advantage holds nothing when it comes to floor technique. Mirr has extensive BJJ experience and is a great striker. Not to mention he knows much more grand tactics than Lesner, yet Lesner still beat MIR exactly at what he exceeds at.

His response after the fight was unprofessional but like Dana White said. It's not in his nature to be that obtuse and it's more his conditioning in WWE towards a heated crowd that brought that out of him. He apologized. It's not like he has been a asshole this whole time. he was humble with his fight with Coutore and even said "it was a honor fighting him. Mir deserved everything he got for calling him a "oaf". Mind you, if he still does things like this, it proves he has a unprofessional attitude, so be it, call him a dick, but saying he's unskillful is far from right. being a dick doesn't lose or win fights.. it's your skill level. hell look at kobe.

hell look at muhammad ali. that guy was the biggest shit talker before and after fights, he was not humble in the least. yet he's probably one of the most praised athletes in boxing despite his cockiness.

I disagree, he isn't a very good fighter, WWF doesn't exactly qualify as wrestling experience...

I disagree, he isn't a very good fighter, WWF doesn't exactly qualify as wrestling experience...

While Lesnar is still a very raw fighter in many aspects, he does indeed have major amateur wrestling credentials. Prior to being in the WWE, he was a two-time NJCAA All-American, 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college (thanks wikipedia). Fedor would still wipe the floor with him though.

While Lesnar is still a very raw fighter in many aspects, he does indeed have major amateur wrestling credentials. Prior to being in the WWE, he was a two-time NJCAA All-American, 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college (thanks wikipedia). Fedor would still wipe the floor with him though.

if he has that experience then why doesnt he use it...everyone i was with watching that fight agrees with me that he's not a very good wrestler...unless your definition of wrestling is laying on top of someone...

if the ground and pound is what works for him and if he uses his wrestling sparingly, it still doesn't mean he's unskillful. If he has no experience whatsoever, he would not have been able to hold and keep Mir down. 20 pounds or not. Fabor can be under a guy who's almost 40 pounds heavier and still make them submit.

destroyingthescene. you make a very good point. Actually, i think Carwin's bigger in height but not body mass. But that would be a good match up.. Carwin has more experience in the ring though both on his feet and on the floor. Not too mention that guy could take a punch. Hopefully, we'll find out soon who Lesnar goes up against because the Emelianenko fight won't happen anytime soon. Maybe Cain Velasquez?

destroyingthescene. you make a very good point. Actually, i think Carwin's bigger in height but not body mass. But that would be a good match up.. Carwin has more experience in the ring though both on his feet and on the floor. Not too mention that guy could take a punch. Hopefully, we'll find out soon who Lesnar goes up against because the Emelianenko fight won't happen anytime soon. Maybe Cain Velasquez?

read a couple of posts up