questions about Ikea and Pa tax

The ikea in pittsburgh is the closest(since I don't have the cash for a passport right now). I want this couch. I already have the 2 seater version but wonder if anyone has this and likes it.

Alsoim unfamiliar with pa tax but I remember they don't have tax on clothes so I was wondering if that was the same for anything, including furniture?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79830948

Does the sales tax apply to out of towners? Like in CA the sales tax is technically only supposed to be applied if both the resident and the seller are CA based. It's why labels like Fat and Asian Man have a "CA" option for shipping.

I think all states are like, and it's only with internet sales. If you buy in store you have to pay the tax regardless of the state you reside in.

Does the sales tax apply to out of towners? Like in CA the sales tax is technically only supposed to be applied if both the resident and the seller are CA based. It's why labels like Fat and Asian Man have a "CA" option for shipping.

I think all states are like, and it's only with internet sales. If you buy in store you have to pay the tax regardless of the state you reside in.

Naw, my parents are from Oregon and apparently they get no sales tax in Washington. They always bring it up when they buy stuff there.

I thought it was no sales tax in Oregon and no income tax in Washington? I could be wrong.

True, but that's my point. Is when they go to Washington, they tell the check out people they're from Oregon and apparently get a pass on sales tax. I don't understand or care too much about it, but the love it.

Old people love saving money on shit.

Naw, my parents are from Oregon and apparently they get no sales tax in Washington. They always bring it up when they buy stuff there.

Weird, I guess it depends on the store too. I know a lot few stores around here ask for your zipcode when you buy stuff, since the sales tax varies a bit by county.