Is MB/AJJ 7" 180g?

If a 12" is 180g, that would give 15 gram's per inch. So a 7" would be approx 105g (Not 70 or 75g), and the 8" would be approx 120g if it was on "High Quality vinyl." As for the answer to you're question i have no idea, but there's the math part as long as the weight varies by inch. I would imagine it would be close to 15g per inch but considering the whole in the middle and any other factors i would imagine it could vary +/- a few grams.... So yeah....

Oh yeah, there's also 200 gram vinyl (Or is it 220 gram?) i forget? So you can do the math. If you dealt drugs or know somone that does have them clean off their scale and give it a weigh and let us know. I think it would be interesting to actually weigh 180g 12" LPs and see what they really wheigh, it's vinyl. Does anybody know the tolerances of vinyl, if there is one? Or i they atually enforce a tolerance during the procedure of making an LP????????

Come on now, answer this for me, cite your source and there's a prize for you!

If a 12" is 180g, that would give 15 gram's per inch. So a 7" would be approx 105g (Not 70 or 75g), and the 8" would be approx 120g if it was on "High Quality vinyl." As for the answer to you're question i have no idea, but there's the math part as long as the weight varies by inch. I would imagine it would be close to 15g per inch but considering the whole in the middle and any other factors i would imagine it could vary +/- a few grams.... So yeah....

This would work except you have to remember you're working in square inches, not inches. A 12" inch LP is 113 sq in, therefore a 180g vinyl weighs 1.59g/sq in. A 7" record contains 38.5 sq in. It's equivilant to 180g vinyl would therefore be just over 61g. 8" would be 80g.

This calculation can only be used if both the 7" and 12" records are the same thickness and does not take into consideration the hole in each, though the hole should not make a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was still wondering...

Against Me! - New Wave 180gm LP = 194gm

Gojira - The way Of All Flesh 180g 2xLP.... record A/B = 192gm, C/D = 176gm

MB/AJJ 8" = 80gm

And finally...I have 4 Bullet Treatment 7"s from Pirates Press (Don't ask!) two were 48gm, one was 46gm, and one was 44gm.

What does this mean? I need to get out more.

Against Me! - New Wave 180gm LP = 194gm

And Gojira - The way Of All Flesh 180g 2xLP.... record A/B = 192gm, C/D = 176gm

MB/AJJ 8" = 80gm

And finally...I have 4 Bullet Treatment 7"s from Pirates Press (Don't ask!) two were 48gm, one was 46gm, and one was 44gm.

What does this mean? I need to get out more.

Means you should give me the 44g Bullet Treatment 7".