Choose Life Vanity Plate Disapreesh

Oh you poor baby! You either believe in liberty or you don't. Picking and choosing who gets to say their piece is called fascism. People have tried it before. It didn't work out.

I'm not picking and choosing who. Just where. This isn't fascist at all.

Read before you insult, asshole.

Who, what, when, where: it's just semantics. You want to limit the right to free speech because you don't agree. That's fascism, and it's more disgusting than a vanity plate.

^ I really don't think what he's getting at is that they shouldn't be able to express their opinion. What he was getting at, and what has already been said countless times, is that people shouldn't be able to do it via an avenue that is funded by the government, ESPECIALLY when there isn't a plate available for the other end of the spectrum. That's probably more "fascist." If people want to stick bumper stickers on their cars fine, but a government issued item solely promoting one side of a hot button political issue leaves a much to be desired.

And for the sake of vanity plate discussion, if I had a car I'd totally have a plate with an otter on it. PA totally has plates with otters on it. I am very pro-otter. They are fucking adorable.

EDIT: FOUND IT!!!

[image]

This license plate was banned in Colorado:

[image]

I guess Colorado is a fascist state, then.

Yeah, it was meant to say "I love tofu," but some people took it as "I love to fuck you." I'm fine with it either way.

And the government actually doesn't fund the license plates, the people that want them fund them. They are funded by the cause in question and sold to those that want them. In Alabama, for instance, there are like 25 to choose from. I don't think there are enough pro-choice people there to fund a pro-choice plate. I'm sure you can get them in more liberal states.

This license plate was banned in Colorado:

[image]

I guess Colorado is a fascist state, then.

Yeah, it was meant to say "I love tofu," but some people took it as "I love to fuck you." I'm fine with it either way.

And the government actually doesn't fund the license plates, the people that want them fund them. They are funded by the cause in question and sold to those that want them. In Alabama, for instance, there are like 25 to choose from. I don't think there are enough pro-choice people there to fund a pro-choice plate. I'm sure you can get them in more liberal states.

It's not a question of funding, it's a question of property. Plates are owned by the DMV -- a State entity.

The State must approve these plates, which could be construed as an endorsement.

The State has no business in dealing propaganda, in my opinion. If this is fascist, then I'm a fucking fascist.

But let it be known -- this fascist is pro-otter 'til his dying breath.

Fuck Otters. When's the last time an otter co-signed on your home loan, or gave up their spot on the bus? Do you know 95% of the health care crisis is caused by otters getting multiple abortions? In a recent survey 95% of all otters replied, "I don't know" when asked about their belief in god (100% replied "yes" to the question "oysters?"). 85% of all otters never vote but they consume 47% of all of our government assistance, many don't even pay taxes, opting instead to take day jobs outside of Home Depot.

Otters man, they're shifty motherfuckers.

Uh, I think there's enough pro-choice people to have that be the policy of the country. I just think they're not nearly as loud, being they're sane most of the time.