Vampire Weekend Reveal Record Store Day 7"

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/49520-vampire-weekend-reveal-record-store-day-7

Indie rock newcomers Vampire Weekend will join indie rock AARP member Stephen Malkmus in boosting the cause of Record Store Day with the release of a single. Vampire Weekend's single is a 7" with the album version of "A-Punk" on the A-side and the "rehearsal version" of "Oxford Comma" on the B-side. It will come out on April 19, aka Record Store Day.

In keeping with the Record Store Day M.O. (holding special events and offering exclusive merchandise at participating independent stores "with the purpose of celebrating the culture and unique place that they occupy both in their local communities and nationally"), the only shops that will carry the single are the ones participating in Record Store Day. Otherwise, VW completists can find the little vinyl slab at their shows and their website.

Guest baseball

Nice, big fan of their album.

April 19th is gonna be fun. Record store day, during the day, and Mustard Plug/Aggrolites show that night.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=537679

From a weekly rag I still read from when I lived in Seattle. Basically says that these guys are playing a style of Afro-Pop that was popular in Saweto something like 30 years ago. This stuff isn't my thing, but I thought the editorial was interesting.