Racism against Obama Revs up.

This whole Gates arrest has nothing to do with race. It's all about disrespecting the cop whole in turn got pissed like all cops do. Black or white, if you don't do what the pig says, he's gonna use the powers given to him to fuck you up.

this, basically, is what my initial post meant. i meant obamas initial response was "kind of scary" because he, like everyone else, treated it as a race issue..when in reality it wasnt at all. yea he said what he said with his facts, but his facts were wrong..the president should get his facts right before saying something like an entire police force of a city acted stupidly.

What does Al Sharpton have to say about this?

Al's too busy Keepin' It Real to weigh in on this matter.

Haha - nice Chris Rock reference…

+1 to you sir.

As for the Gates arrest - it's my belief that Obama's response was no more inflammatory or off base than many, many things GWB said during his terms. He spoke to it as anyone of us would, had it been our friend/mentor - he spoke with emotion and passion. That's just fucking human nature.

The release of the 911 call really indicates that the cops did act a bit stupidly. This has more to do with the continued blurring of class and race, not to mention the inherent relationship of the two. In my opinion, you can not have a meaningful discussion about race without examining class, and vice versa.

And as for the right wing wingnuts - when I used to be a member of Blackout Books Collective, we had a policy about any wingnut - let 'em spin, spin, spin away. Do not engage - it just keeps 'em coming back!