Ebay: isnt this all soooo weird?

Check these: http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280375827985&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBUAA%3AIT%3A1123&salenotsupported

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280375824098&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AEOIBUAA%3AIT%3A1123&salenotsupported

Okay, bear in mind that I havent ever bought one record by the Lillingtons and I dont know how much their old records are worth. This is what happened: two hours before the auction ended, the guy who in the end won the auction starts bidding as hell, and I bid hard too. When we reach an outrageous price, I stop bidding and he wins the auction for these crazy prices. Guess what? I got today a second chance offer from the seller. I asked him what happend and this is the answer I got: "The winning bidder keeps saying he will pay in two days, that has not happened and I no longer believe he will pay." To me, this sounds really weird, doesnt it?

I was watching those, but they went retardedly high for Lillingtons records.

I wouldn't assume he just has a second account, though. I've legitimately had people back out of sales, so I've second-chanced the next highest bidder. I'd hate for someone to think I was bidding on my own shit.

I was watching those, but they went retardedly high for Lillingtons records.

I wouldn't assume he just has a second account, though. I've legitimately had people back out of sales, so I've second-chanced the next highest bidder. I'd hate for someone to think I was bidding on my own shit.

I dont usually think a seller has a second account when the item he's selling goes high. But, as you've just told, those two records went retardedly high, the winning bidder showed up just two hours before the end of the auction, and after only five days after the auction ended, the seller is so sure he wont get paid, that he's sent me a second chance offer. This seems a little too much.

you're not obligated to be the second-chance buyer. if you don't pay for it chances are he will just relist it and you can probably get it for a lot cheaper.

This

But also remember that times are tough. People aren't bidding like they used to. Most auctions get a few hits and then no bids for days. The last few minutes of an auction are when everyone does their bidding so this isn't strange at all. I would just not take his offer and let him relist.

you're not obligated to be the second-chance buyer. if you don't pay for it chances are he will just relist it and you can probably get it for a lot cheaper.

This

But also remember that times are tough. People aren't bidding like they used to. Most auctions get a few hits and then no bids for days. The last few minutes of an auction are when everyone does their bidding so this isn't strange at all. I would just not take his offer and let him relist.

That's the way I'd like things to go ;)

Just to make this little more clear, I want to specify that everytime I placed a bid, the winning bidder placed a higher bid in no time. This happened three or four times and it seemed he liked to pump the price as hell. In fact after like three time I wasnt worried cause I felt like I would've been outbid. And that's what happened, then I stopped bidding cause it made no sense.

Just to make this little more clear, I want to specify that everytime I placed a bid, the winning bidder placed a higher bid in no time. This happened three or four times and it seemed he liked to pump the price as hell. In fact after like three time I wasnt worried cause I felt like I would've been outbid. And that's what happened, then I stopped bidding cause it made no sense.

That's kind of how eBay works. If I get outbid, I get notified on my phone, and can immediately rebid if I so chose to. (I'm not saying he isn't doing this, but nothing you've said so far directly points to that.)

dude, this is the seller i had a problem with. hit me up on msn. i dont think he's using a 2nd account or got a mate bidding

Why don't you explain the problem here? I'm interested.

in a personal sale, i was going to buy a test off him for $105ppd. the sale never got finalised and last week he put it on ebay. i forgot to bid, and it finished just over $30. he then PM'd me asking if I still wanted the test for $105ppd. I said i'd take it for $50 seeing as it finished at 30 on ebay. He then said that the auction was at $95 when he cancelled a bid from 2 buyers who have previously not paid for items.. i havnt got back to him because i wasnt sure if i believed him