Some new Joy Division vinyl...totally sweet

Guest pelican2112

Guest pelican2112

Just picked up the 2x LP set of Martin Hannett's Joy Division personal mixes and sound effects. God I love UK vinyl! Gatefold packaging that has a protective plastic cover over the whole thing even when you open it up. Double 180-gram LPs, both pressed on blue vinyl!

On top of all that, hand #'d 190/450. Not a bad deal for $27.00. Anyone else pick this up?

Guest pelican2112

I grabbed it at the record store I work at here in Tampa. We had two copies, but one was already gone by the time I got it today. Once in a while we get a few sweet ass import vinyl and this happened to be one of them. Figure this will be worth something down the road, being it's such a sweet package.

Guest pelican2112
Are you at vinyl fever? Is there anything real good like that in stock now? I'm coming over Thursday.

Yessir! We got some pretty pretty good stuff in right now. Before I started working there, I honestly shopped there almost everyday because you never know when something sweet will come in. But currently, we have some good stuff.

I'll be working Thursday from 11-6. Come on down, and let's chat vinyl! My name's Luke.

Guest pelican2112

Yeah we do man. Honestly it all depends on how much you really want your CDs anymore...the amount we pay is mostly based on how much we think we can sell them for, based on condition and artist and whatnot. So it comes down to would you wanna keep a bunch of cds, or get the money to buy a few vinyl with em. Bring em on down man, worst comes to worst you can always hang on to them.

Guest pelican2112

Right on man, bring the CDs down then.

I'm not sure if we're hiring or not, but the boss pretty much takes anyone's resume, and he'll take a look at it if or when he is hiring.

That JD box set is a sweet package, I picked it up, but it cost me £110....$220. Nothing extra though, just the box and the LPs. Sleeves are different inside though, don't have the LP title or anything on. Even more minimalistic than the original pressings. There's another one in the set - the Martin Hannet Mixes mentioned and Let The Movie Begin, which is a different thing with interviews and stuff interspaced with JD songs.

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/95356

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/95355

http://www.normanrecords.com/records/93530