P2K: Pitchfork's top tracks & albums of the 2000s

AlexH.

I agree w/ B.O.B. being #1. Also agree that I don't know how to feel about AC being all over it. They write good albums, but not good songs.

see im the totalt opposite with AC. i think they can do great songs, but i kind of get tired of them after a whole album.

But yeah, My Girls is fucking amazing.

but i still think Fireworks is their best song.

Can't front. My Girls is a killer song.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...That top 20 blows ass. "Get ur freak on" is an absolutely horrific song that has no replay value. As much as I enjoy Gnarls Barkley "Crazy" is overly simplistic melodically and really disjointed lyrically. I dislike MIA in general, so that DQs me from commenting on that. R. Kelly? Seriously, R. Kelly?! Pitchfork has such an ironic boner for that guy it makes me ill.

I'm not even going to comment on the "pretentious" bit but seriously, the pop music they look to elevate is horrific.

I kinda figured outkast would be number 1, but i honestly thought it would be for hey ya. The top 10 had me kinda meh with the missy elliot, beyonce. Also was the arcade fire's "wake up" on the list at all? I think that should take neighborhood 1's place.

And I'm not sure that "my girls" should be in the top 10. Animal Collective definately have better tracks than that (fireworks, for reverend green, grass)

Edit: I'm listening to b.o.b. for the first time in a long time. I forgot how fucking awesome the drum machine is on this song.

ignition remix is on there. Just would like to share a smile with loki on that one. ^_^

99 problems is badass. If bombs over baghdad is #1, i don't really have a problem with it. something has to be, and i wouldn't know where to start with that. but the production is killer, the beat is killer, the flow is killer....it's difficult to not rock your butt off to this song in the car.

"my girls" is beautiful.

"maps" catches me on the inside. the combination of pitch and emotion in karen o's voice gets me everytime.

beyonce, m.i.a....it's so easy to love songs that make you want to shake your ass.

it's hard to fairly rate songs after they have been played out. the first time i heard "CRAZY" by gnarls barkley i thought it was great. but today i could go without hearing a bit of it. i guess if i pretended that i hadn't heard that song a million times i would agree that it was awesome, but of the decade? especially because of the fact that the people making these lists are about what is hip, i don't see how you can take the list too seriously. it's all relative. but it's fun to be reminded of songs you love.

• 1 month later...
i bet outkast will be #3 on their list!!!

#13, actually. Probably because it's a really great album?

Top 20 is up. Kid A is #1 again. Avalanches at #10 is awesome. The only one I completely disagree with is Panda Bear, but I hate the whole "sound like the Beach Boys played through a burning answering machine" lofi movement.