Question about a record player problem

hey all. So I was recently given one of those Crosley 4-in-1 record players. Its my first record player ever and although i've gotten bit by the record bug hard, im pretty clueless about record players/vinyl at this point in the game.

My problem is that something is fucked with my player and i can't figure out how to fix it. Basically, my records sound like they're in a sound vacuum when they're playing on this thing... every few seconds it sounds like someone is slowing down the record and the pitch is very wavy. I've noticed that when i play a record the record itself is not flat when it spins..it kind of bobs up and down as it goes around and the record looks like its warped when it turns even though each record i've played is brand new and definitely not misshaped or warped.

Has anyone had any similar problems with a Crosley player/ any ideas on what is causing my problem?

Thanks so much in advance!!

It's one of the two...but for what it's worth those Crosley things are terrible quality. Get something good when you can afford it, you are really missing out on what makes vinyl a great format using that player.

And not all records you purchase are going to be as flat as can be, even brand new. They can have a little wobble to them and still play perfectly with a proper table.

Make sure your needle is not resting too close the the record. I had bumped my player once and the counter weight was pushed way up so every time the record went around and the "wobble" pushed up on the needle the cartridge actually hit the record, slowing it down, f-in with the pitch because of the drag. You can check this by getting down so the record is at eye level and just watch the needle/cartridge and see if it is hitting the record.