To do in Denver

Whisky Bar too.

hey, we can agree!

Boulder: go to The Kitchen, on Pearl St. It can be expensive, but it's the best food in Colorado. if you're there on a Monday, they have "community night", where you are served 6 courses at a table that seats 35. and it's cheaper than usual, because the restaurant dontates proceeds to local food/farming education.

plus, you can take a dip in Boulder Creek, two blocks away. that's real nice

EDIT: as for hiking, the Flatirons are nice. there's a trailhead somewhere in the city. google it

Mt. Sanitas is a great hike or mtb ride. You can also go up to Flagstaff Mountain for a very scenic view and a nice hike up in the foothills. It's at the end of Baseline. As far as just riding around, the city is littered with bike trails.

For bars, try the Sundowner on Pearl St. It used to be a "townie" bar but has lost some of its appeal due to the influx of hipster idiots. Still, they have lost of pool tables and Pabst on tap.

I'd avoid the Kitchen in the evening. That's when the Boulder "elite" come out and hog shit up. Tahona is a pretty cool bar / restaurant right down the way from there. Connor O'Neils is a great Irish pub if you can stand all the douche bags with paddy hats and fake Irish accents that only seem to come on when they are drunk. Again, it's what you make it.

Boulder also has great sushi spots. Sushi Zanmi is pretty good. Suchi Tora is good too. Hapa is kind of the younger-crowd sushi place. Some people don't like it. I think it's great.

Just South of the city is the Bobalink trailhead. That's a good one for a nice hike. If you want to come out to where I live in Louisville (Money Magazine's Best City in America) there is the Coal Creek Trail which is excellent for low-impact off-road biking. Just a fun ride with good scenery and a few hills. No jumps or huge descents. E-mail me if you come out to Louisville and I'll give you the lowdown on the restaurants and bars. It's a pretty nice place.

Hope that helps.

O

If you're going to be on the Hill, it's nice to hit up Abo's for pizza. Albums on the Hill is a legendary record store, but it's seen better days of course. Also, the Fox truly is one of the best places around to see a show. The sound there is incredible. That's assuming there's a good band and not some lame jam band. I can't remember the name, but the bar directly to the north of Fox is a great, cheap place to get loaded before a show.