On the Lam

casey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you hit him but to think nothing can come of just grabbing a license plate, even if it wasn't your car and had no damage, is a bit naive.

Here's the thing. I was pretty much joking that nothing could come of getting a license plate. If I had plowed into the dude and hauled ass, then I would have committed a crime. But I didn't even tap him, there was no paint on my bumper. And I tried to give him my insurance info anyway, and he wouldn't take it. Does someone going all fanatical over a paint scratch this big:

|---------------| obligate me to drive all the way back to the place that it "happened"? Plus, it was a parking incident, cops don't come to those anyway.

Why take off if you did nothing wrong? Prove the guy wrong. It's his word against non-existent evidence. Unless you were driving drunk (which it certainly sounds like if you took off). Odds are, the Corvette guy was drunk and he didn't call the cops anyway.

Also, Corvettes and Camaros may have the reputation of bro cars, but classic models are incredible pieces of art/history. I would kill to own a Stingray. I'm really annoyed by all the bro bullshit getting tossed around on this board. "Anything I don't like is 'bro'" is how this place is becoming. If you ask me, driving drunk and going "on the lam" seems pretty "bro" to me.

This was a mid life crisis vehicle plain and simple. The guy was in his mid to late 40's and was cruising around with a 10 inch cigar in his mouth like he's Magnum PI. Seriously.

This was not a hit and run situation. We didn't hit the guy. He likely pulled into his garage too far and fucked it up himself. The damage was too perfectly centered and symmetrical to have been caused by something else hitting the car.

To be honest -- I don't even remember seeing that car behind Casey's, and that's a very noticeable vehicle.

I don't think you hit him but to think nothing can come of just grabbing a license plate, even if it wasn't your car and had no damage, is a bit naive.

Here's the thing. I was pretty much joking that nothing could come of getting a license plate. If I had plowed into the dude and hauled ass, then I would have committed a crime. But I didn't even tap him, there was no paint on my bumper. And I tried to give him my insurance info anyway, and he wouldn't take it. Does someone going all fanatical over a paint scratch this big:

|---------------| obligate me to drive all the way back to the place that it "happened"? Plus, it was a parking incident, cops don't come to those anyway.

im just saying.. people do shit like that.. i've taken many a claim where a guy rolled into another vehicle, there was no damage to either vehicle, both exchanged insurance and registration, names, recipe's, baby pics, etc etc, and the insured comes to find out that after leaving the dude called the cops and said he was hit and the insured left. He later got a knock on the door and was questioned on a "hit and run" and the dude claimed whiplash. Apprrently a grocery store clerk saw the incident that he was hit.. not how hard, but that both vehicles made contact. he wound up getting a claim filed and his insurance went up. Good times. so it was in a parking lot?

also, since when is a muscle car become a "Bro" car? Seriously i didn't know "Bros" drove them. i can't see a Bro driving a stingray or a roadrunner talking about getting 10.2@140mph, etc, etc.

Drinking and driving. Awesome.

Not only is drinking and driving awesome, but it's also smart, fun and a victim-less crime.

I have absolutely no compassion, sympathy or tolerance for people who drink and drive.

'Cause I was totally wasted after 4 beers over 3 hours. People that make blanket judgments are fun. ::)

Drinking and driving. Awesome.

Not only is drinking and driving awesome, but it's also smart, fun and a victim-less crime.

I have absolutely no compassion, sympathy or tolerance for people who drink and drive.

maybe he was that special kind of drunk where you’re a better driver because you know you’re drunk? You know, the kind of drunk where you probably shouldn't drive but ya do anyway because, I mean, you gotta get your car home. Right? I mean, what do they expect me to do? Take a bus? is that what they want? For me to take a bus? Well screw that. You take a bus.

maybe he was that special kind of drunk where you’re a better driver because you know you’re drunk? You know, the kind of drunk where you probably shouldn't drive but ya do anyway because, I mean, you gotta get your car home. Right? I mean, what do they expect me to do? Take a bus? is that what they want? For me to take a bus? Well screw that. You take a bus.

+1 for the Peter quote.

Also, a little while ago my auntie said "I remember when you were allowed to drink and drive" when we were talking about when she wrote her first car off in the early 70's. Man what it would of been to of been born 30 years earlier.

'Cause I was totally wasted after 4 beers over 3 hours. People that make blanket judgments are fun. ::)

Says the guy who edited his initial post and removed the phrase "we were drinking" and replaced it with "we were at a bar." ::)

Sorry, but saying you were drinking and then telling a story about driving equals drinking and driving to me. Obviously, a man of your intelligence can see how that conclusion can be reached (at least before 6:14 p.m. eastern today).

+1 for the Peter quote.

Also, a little while ago my auntie said "I remember when you were allowed to drink and drive" when we were talking about when she wrote her first car off in the early 70's. Man what it would of been to of been born 30 years earlier.

up until 01, a passenger in a car in Texas could have an open container and be drinking and it was legal.

^man, i remember when we didn't even have to wear seatbelts, when we could smoke at mcdonalds ( really still wish i kept a mcdonalds ashtry for a keepsake), drink on 6th street (here in austin), smoke in a bar (which i have to admit i like a smokeless venue), etc etc.. the times are a changin'. :P

^man, i remember when we didn't even have to wear seatbelts, when we could smoke at mcdonalds ( really still wish i kept a mcdonalds ashtry for a keepsake), drink on 6th street (here in austin), smoke in a bar (which i have to admit i like a smokeless venue), etc etc.. the times are a changin'. :P

I remember the McD's and Burger King ashtrays...those little tin ones with the logo stampled in...they were awesome.

i love smokeless venues, especially when its a weekday show and i always have to get up at 5 for work, and i get home at 12:30, and not have to take a shower to get the smell off. is awesome.

i admit i hated it at first. most of those places are bars... we drink, we should be allowed to smoke (this is when i actually did smoke). i was pretty pissed i couldn't be allowed to smoke in my fav bar or club. After about 6 months, i loved coming home not smelling of smoke. fucking awesome.

+1 for the Peter quote.

up until 01, a passenger in a car in Texas could have an open container and be drinking and it was legal.

Yeah, in the UK any passenger can drink as much as they like and its perfectly legal, its only the driver who can't drink. Also it is not an offense to get in the car with a drunk driver, only if you help them with keys/doors then you can get arrested for aiding and abetting.

Also we can drink on the streets, some town/city centres banned drinking outside, but since the smoking ban, they have relaxed it a bit. Still not an arrestable offense, they just make you pour it down the drain.

I can remember not needing seat belts, in fact there are a few loop holes now that mean you don't need to wear a seat belt in the UK.

Says the guy who edited his initial post and removed the phrase "we were drinking" and replaced it with "we were at a bar." ::)

Sorry, but saying you were drinking and then telling a story about driving equals drinking and driving to me. Obviously, a man of your intelligence can see how that conclusion can be reached (at least before 6:14 p.m. eastern today).

I changed it to emphasize that the guy who chased us down came from the same bar... I re-rewrote it so there can be no mistake that I'm thoroughly apprised of my guilt. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

P.S. Someone admitted to a B.U.I. in Drabley's drunk thread. You better get over there and make sure everyone knows what someone as handsome as you (backhanded compliments are cool, huh?) does or doesn't condone.

[image]

The smoking ban in the UK is a good thing i guess, it stops you waking up smelling like an ashtray only things i don't like about it is A) I end up spending more time outside with the smokers or inside on my own which isn't fun and B) Now the pubs clubs just smell of stale beer, vomit and sweat. Honestly i'm indifferent, i'm not a smoker, but i knew it was part and parcel of visiting bars.

I changed it to emphasize that the guy who chased us down came from the same bar... I re-rewrote it so there can be no mistake that I'm thoroughly apprised of my guilt. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

P.S. Someone admitted to a B.U.I. in Drabley's drunk thread. You better get over there and make sure everyone knows what someone as handsome as you (backhanded compliments are cool, huh?) you do or don't condone.

[image]

Hahaha. Just make sure you don't change this one:

Update: I'm home and drunk and pretty sure nothing is going to come of this. Drabs hypohtesized that the dude fucked up his car on his own and was wiaitng for someone to come near it so he could chase them down and blame them. So I was an escape goat.

Right. You're not the e-fighting type. You're the e-soapbox type that likes to make huge proclamations based on slivers of knowledge and pretend you know more than two people who were actually there. It's totally cool if you want to pass out judgments "on the board", but if I try to explain that the incident was a little less apocalyptic than you think, you get to make yet another play on some non-existent moral high ground. Fine. You want a PM? Comin' atcha.