Chocolate Rain

Guest falloutcollapse

Guest falloutcollapse

yeah, not going to lie, i laughed my tush off watching. but there has to be a reason why its a youtube featured video and stuff

Honestly, this is one of those things that I don't see the humor in at all. Everyone has been going apeshit over this guy, but its just not funny. Yeah, his voice is silly, but it didn't even make me chuckle. Then of course there's the whole 'pull away from the mic to breathe in' thing that I've heard people stand around and laugh about for 20 minutes straight. I don't see how thats funny either.

Overall, this does not deserve to be the internet phenomena it has become.

I have no idea what anyone is talking about and I'm too lazy to go to youtube to find out

From what seemed like out of nowhere, a few weeks back, some videos/songs by a guy named Tay Zonday just started popping up all over the internet. They've become a big internet phenomena, especially Chocolate Rain, which has already been parodied at least three times that I can recall (most recently by Tre Cool of Green Day).

Chocolate Rain

Love

Swing Low, Sweet Chariot/Amazing Grave Medley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sp1WrIzUrI

Chocolate Parody by Tre Cool of Green Day

hes apparently on letterman tonight?

Hmm... I saw that info on the YouTube response, but he's not listed in my TV's on-screen cable info nor on the Letterman site. However, I TIVO'd it anyway because I am very curious to see if Tay Zonday addresses the fact that everyone sees him as a big punchline while he apparently takes himself quite seriously.

And the thing is, there's a message to this song that is apparently very important to him. With my (admittedly, only) cursory knowledge of the lyrics, I think it's about the N word and how it perpetuates racism no matter who uses it.

But it's an awful song, performed in a somewhat bombastic manner. If he didn't ride that hook and loop to death it wouldn't be so bad - or so funny.