SH/VC launches Digital Store, FREE DIGITAL SAMPLER

Guest admin1338560633

3. About server / bandwidth concerns, we have an unlimited account through dreamhost.

yeah good luck with that.. pretty sure there is a limit.. apple doesn't get unlimited bandwidth and they pay a shit ton for CDN's and what not.. but hey hope it works out..

yeah you may wanna double check your dreamhost account info.

http://www.dreamhost.com/unlimited.html

that basically says that you can have unlimited, as long as your WEBSITE is using the space/resources. however things like file uploads and file distribution are expressly NOT allowed. (meaning, you cant upload a file to host it, and allow others to download it).

id hate to see this get shut down as people are paying money for the downloads. and i have to imagine, with the size of a label suburban home is, someone will notice the spike in bandwidth usage. maybe its just a drop in the bucket, and no one will notice, but something to keep in mind just in case.

3. About server / bandwidth concerns, we have an unlimited account through dreamhost.

yeah good luck with that.. pretty sure there is a limit.. apple doesn't get unlimited bandwidth and they pay a shit ton for CDN's and what not.. but hey hope it works out..

good point, but we are definitely not apple. I will re-look into it, but last month we gave away over 5,000 digital albums and there was no increase in our bill. I would love to see us selling 5,000 digital albms a month, but I don't see that ever happening.

What is the band cut of the downloads you are selling on your site? I'm just curious how you are handling the back end. And by "handling the backend", I am not talking about anything that would get anyone a sexual harassment lawsuit. Hwarf!

minus merchant fees and any spikes in bandwidth fees, we plan to split this 50/50 with our artists.

I love the idea, it's about time someone starts offering FLAC! I stopped buying 7"'s to save some money and this helps a lot, thanks.

That said I feel the FLAC album downloads are over priced. You can buy the CD for the same price with full packaging. $7.99 should be the most, though I'd love to see them at $5.99

Any chance you'll offer FLAC downloads with SH/VC releases? Perhaps for another buck or two?

By the way the FLAC version of Delicious Vinyl is not working, only downloads about half.

I woke up this morning and agreed with your thoughts. $7.99 for Flac album downloads from this point on.

I won't offer flac automatically with mp3 coupons as it would be too hard to offer more than one format with our download coupons. sorry.

What is the band cut of the downloads you are selling on your site? I'm just curious how you are handling the back end. And by "handling the backend", I am not talking about anything that would get anyone a sexual harassment lawsuit. Hwarf!

minus merchant fees and any spikes in bandwidth fees, we plan to split this 50/50 with our artists.

Sounds fair.

still didn't work for me. stopped at 67mb.

we are not sure why it is working for some and not others. Ralph will be sending a yousendit link shortly. sorry for the troubles.