Brand new & Manchester orchestra in Cleveland

Guest kevinb

Guest kevinb

all I can say is Manchester should be headlining, they put on a hell of a show

Brand new is either spot on or boring as fuck, I don't remember what song they were playing off of deja entendu but it seemed Jesse was not into it one bit & purposely fucking it up,slurring all of his words together & making it shitty while the rest of the band were having a good time jamming out.

merch was decently priced manchester had both of their lp's

no split.

I don't think I saw daisy on lp

hoodies 35/shirts 15

Brand New were pretty good, but Manchester was FLAWLESS last night. Can't remember the order of their setlist, but everything they played was off Mean Everything To Nothing, and they played for about 40 minutes. It was most of the record, I'd say.

You can see a picture of Brand New's setlist here:

http://twitpic.com/jwsvc

Jesse also played "Play Crack The Sky" at the end of "Welcome To Bangkok," too.

Seeing them this Saturday. Hoping for the last amount of Daisy songs as possible.

only because i haven't had a ton of opportunities to listen to it yet. i'm not familiar enough with those songs to be able to enjoy them live.

i would say "i'm not a huge fan of the record" but i know it will eventually grow on me more than it has so far. i wasn't a huge fan of the devil and god when it first came out, but i could tell there were songs i really dug. now that whole album has grown on me and i like almost every song a lot. can't say i feel the same about Daisy yet.

What a fucking bro fest that was.

i agree. i spent the night on the balcony with my buddy and we were pretty clear of the bros up there. but just watching the way the crowd was acting, and seeing the way they were dressed, we could tell we didn't want to even attempt to go downstairs tonight.

setlist was pretty impressive, i'd say. bummed there wasn't an encore, but oh well. i must say, the new songs sounded pretty decent for the most part, but that they were definitely the weakest songs of the night as far as holding the entire crowd's attention.

when they played "Sic Transit Gloria..." and the entire crowd was singing the backup vocals to the whole song, that was a seriously incredible thing to see/be a part of. talk about commanding a stage. everybody in the room was into what was going on.

while manchester put on a great show, there were people talking in the crowd during every song, so it didn't seem like they were as into it as i thought they'd be. that was the first time i'd ever seen them live, and i was impressed, but not blown away like i was expecting to be after reading this thread. still a good show though, and i'll definitely go back and give their albums a more dedicated listen.

I saw Brand New at UB a few months ago with my friend Colleen. We were close-ish to the stage off to the left a bit, and some bro turns to Colleen and goes "you're going to want to watch out, this is where the mosh pits were earlier. Just to warn you..."

Reminder, this was Brand New, and then when his sick "mosh pits" started, it was just him and his friend jumping up and down. I was so annoyed, but I found it really funny.

What a fucking bro fest that was.

i agree. i spent the night on the balcony with my buddy and we were pretty clear of the bros up there. but just watching the way the crowd was acting, and seeing the way they were dressed, we could tell we didn't want to even attempt to go downstairs tonight.

setlist was pretty impressive, i'd say. bummed there wasn't an encore, but oh well. i must say, the new songs sounded pretty decent for the most part, but that they were definitely the weakest songs of the night as far as holding the entire crowd's attention.

when they played "Sic Transit Gloria..." and the entire crowd was singing the backup vocals to the whole song, that was a seriously incredible thing to see/be a part of. talk about commanding a stage. everybody in the room was into what was going on.

while manchester put on a great show, there were people talking in the crowd during every song, so it didn't seem like they were as into it as i thought they'd be. that was the first time i'd ever seen them live, and i was impressed, but not blown away like i was expecting to be after reading this thread. still a good show though, and i'll definitely go back and give their albums a more dedicated listen.

The fuck? Thanks for the heads up, didn't know you were going. >:(

Also, were they taping it for a DVD or something? They had a mic at the end of the stage which I'm guessing it for the crowd.

Seeing them this Saturday. Hoping for the last amount of Daisy songs as possible.

only because i haven't had a ton of opportunities to listen to it yet. i'm not familiar enough with those songs to be able to enjoy them live.

i would say "i'm not a huge fan of the record" but i know it will eventually grow on me more than it has so far. i wasn't a huge fan of the devil and god when it first came out, but i could tell there were songs i really dug. now that whole album has grown on me and i like almost every song a lot. can't say i feel the same about Daisy yet.

apparently you did not see this post? it was me announcing i was going to be in attendance. lo siento para la confusion.

they definitely were filming, i saw a cameraman walking all around the stage throughout the set. didn't see the microphone in front of the stage, but (like i said) i was chilling on the balcony all night with my buddy. not sure if what they shot will end up on a DVD or what, but they definitely got A LOT of footage from last night's show.

apparently you did not see this post? it was me announcing i was going to be in attendance. lo siento para la confusion.

they definitely were filming, i saw a cameraman walking all around the stage throughout the set. didn't see the microphone in front of the stage, but (like i said) i was chilling on the balcony all night with my buddy. not sure if what they shot will end up on a DVD or what, but they definitely got A LOT of footage from last night's show.

They were filming/recording in Cleveland, too. I bet some sort of documentary DVD/live album will come out of this tour.

I saw them in Chicago last night too. I'd never seen anyone mosh to Brand New before in my life.

I saw them in Chicago last night too. I'd never seen anyone mosh to Brand New before in my life.

Where were you standing? It was like a mini frat next to me. Four guys were singing to each other and jumping and moshing and huddling the whole time. I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't get into a fight so I kept my cool, though it was hard.

I can only assume this means the bros will be in mass numbers at the Philly shows as well...especially since one of the shows is opened by Glassjaw. I will remember to sharpen my elbows and throw them like a champ. I am no stranger to fighting them off. Many a bro has tried to steal my barrier spot and think it'll be easy because I'm a wimpy girl that's two heads shorter than they are.

And people mosh to Brand New? Seriously?

I can only assume this means the bros will be in mass numbers at the Philly shows as well...especially since one of the shows is opened by Glassjaw. I will remember to sharpen my elbows and throw them like a champ. I am no stranger to fighting them off. Many a bro has tried to steal my barrier spot and think it'll be easy because I'm a wimpy girl that's two heads shorter than they are.

And people mosh to Brand New? Seriously?

Yeah, that show with Glassjaw opening will increase the bro factor about tenfold. Love that band, hate those fans. (I have similar feelings toward Brand New, too.)

Where were you standing? It was like a mini frat next to me. Four guys were singing to each other and jumping and moshing and huddling the whole time. I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't get into a fight so I kept my cool, though it was hard.

I was standing right by the moshing kids. Me and a couple other guys kept pushing them away when they'd try to bump into everyone.