VC CHICAGO: Alkaline Trio/Screeching Weasel tonite

Pretty good show. Trio setlist:

We've Had Enough

Fatally Yours

Dine Dine My Darling (new song -- not a Misfits cover)

Private Eye

Maybe I'll Catch Fire

Clavicle

I'm Dying Tomorrow

Calling All Skeletons

In Vein

This Addiction (new song)

Queen Of Pain

She Took Him To The Lake

Sadie

This Could Be Love

Blue In The Face (full band)

Surprisingly, no encore.

Seemed like SW played about 25 songs. Credit to anyone who kept up with a setlist, unless they were able to snag one. Even did the You Are My Sunshine and I Can See Clearly Now, covers. I thought trio was real weak. I've seen them many times going back to when they were first starting out, and I just think they could've made the night special, but no. Especially considering this is a "punk" fest, they were definintely the least "punk" band I saw all weekend. Even Clavicle and Maybe I'll Catch Fire seemed watered down.

Pegboy ruled as usual, and Larry didn't seem as drunk, which was good. Although, I thought he might have a grabber about 3 songs intio their extremely short set. Anyone head to liars club for the owth/pegboy after party or to cobra lounge for the teenage bottlerocket afterparty? how were they?

Larry's like that at every show.

I went to the Cobra Lounge to see TB and they were great, they covered Talk Dirty to Me, randomly...but they played all the hits.

Larry's like that at every show.

I went to the Cobra Lounge to see TB and they were great, they covered Talk Dirty to Me, randomly...but they played all the hits.

Yeah Larry crack's me up. Once @ Fireside, he said he was going to puke about 30 seconds into their first song, then I think he actually did. He followed that with continually attempting to crowd surf his huge ass off that tiny little stage. Wish I could have hit up the TBR show, but my buddy had to work @6am and wasn't willing. I'll be at Reggies though on Halloween for them and Cobra Skulls

screeching weasel was awesome. I was really looking forward to alkaline trio but they almost seemed like they were trying to be an arena rock band. Like drinker said, the older songs even sounded water down (less edge to them). It definitely seemed like most of the crowd was there for screeching weasel

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':qo7jq7hf]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':qo7jq7hf]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Here's the Screeching Weasel set list (Ben posted it over on the Riverdales board). Sounds absolutely amazing. Second Floor East, She's Giving Me The Creeps, It's All In My Head and all the hits....god dammit!

CINDY’S ON METHADONE

GUEST LIST

TOTALLY

MY BRAIN HURTS

SUPERMARKET FANTASY

MY RIGHT

HOLDEN CAULFIELD

EVERY NIGHT

ACKNOWLEDGE

IT’S ALL IN MY HEAD

DINGBAT

HEY SUBURBIA

SHE’S GIVING ME THE CREEPS

TEENAGE FREAKSHOW

I CAN SEE CLEARLY

JOANIE LOVES JOHNNY

SLOGANS

SECOND FLOOR EAST

SCIENCE OF MYTH

THIS AIN’T HAWAII

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE

COOL KIDS

WHAT WE HATE

While I had a good time at the Congress show, this was definitely where it was at. Plus, you're the best dude for going! I was stoked I got to see them twice last week.

While I had a good time at the Congress show, this was definitely where it was at. Plus, you're the best dude for going! I was stoked I got to see them twice last week.