Can we make an official Chuck Ragan Vinyl thread?

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im new to collecting -- how can i tell the difference between the chuck/loved ones split 1st & 2nd press black 7" --

same question for the chuck/austin lucas split? its really confusing...

i guess a 3rd question -- when the colors are pressed in this grey marble -- is a variant in between each copy or did they purposely press a couple grey mixes that are different shades?

thanks!

there's an unsigned version of the Between the Lines 7"

and if there's a different etching on the Austin split, there were new lacquers made. which sounds better?

I dont think there´s a sound difference...also there were 3 tests for the 1st press...dont know if there were any for the 2nd....speaking of ragan vinyl....here´s pics of the newest one:

http://www.stowawaysound.com/

im an idiot -- these were at revival last night in SF and i didnt get them -- i bought a bunch of other stuff and now that i see i cant get them anywhere else, ughhhh

Clear???? Why do I not know about Gold Country on that? ???

Also, you didn't mention black vinyl...it's /1000 or /1500.

Do you mean Gold Country? The pressing information for the second pressing of Gold Country is:

Clear with Gold, Bronze, Beer Splatter (VC) = 300

Blue/Grey Half and Half (NIR) = 300

Clear = 500

Also, you didn't mention black vinyl...it's /1000 or /1500.

There has been a little debate about this. Having talk to people who work at pirates press, there is 1500 black. Chuck listed 1000 on his site, which is correct for the US. The other 500 went directly to Cargo overseas. You don't have to take my word for it. There are at least 1000 black. Also, I didn't mention the black because that is the first press. The colors I mentioned were the second press.

anyone know how much these go for? I only found one copy of that version of "feast" on ebay, that went for around $70. any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Ragan, Chuck “Feast or Famine” No Idea (coke bottle clear/179)

Ragan, Chuck “Los Feliz” No Idea (first press/clear blue/of 200)

first off...I fucking hate you.

second off...How'd you score all the Tests of the 7" club.

third off...WTF is that Chuck Plays Frankfurt bootleg?

Did you really have to quote all of those pictures?

Yes...also, kinda wish I'd picked up one of the more limited colors of the Anderson Family Bluegrass Band split at Revival. I'm not big on varients, so just a single copy of one of the more limited colors is what i shoot for...that said, the Anderson Family Bluegrass Band split is pretty damn good