REVIVAL TOUR 09

last year they all came out and played a song or two together then they all split up and it was like a regular show. randomly one member would come up and play with a couple others finishing with chuck.

i really just wanna see chuck and tim so no idea what i'm going to do/when i'm going to show up tonight..sigh

trying to figure out the samething got work til' about 7 and don't want to miss out on the action! see you there though, i'll be up front with a camera.

last year they all came out and played a song or two together then they all split up and it was like a regular show. randomly one member would come up and play with a couple others finishing with chuck.

i really just wanna see chuck and tim so no idea what i'm going to do/when i'm going to show up tonight..sigh

I think they've been switching it up from night to night, last night they all came out and played a couple songs together, then JIm Ward, then CHuck Ragan, I left right after Chuck Ragan cuz I had a long drive ahead of me. So you may want to show up on time, just incase.

im really curious about the setup as well.. ill be driving a few hours and working the next morning, anyone know about how long its been running beginning to end?

The show here in Louisville was set up like last years. They all played together as an ensemble doing each others songs for about 25-30 minutes. Then they split and each person played solo. Except Chuck. Austin Lucas was there but wasn't on the bill for the show. So Chuck called him a few times to play with him. Then everybody regrouped at the end for another half hour or so. Chuck stayed in the back of the crowd pretty much the whole time he wasn't playing. Very laid back, fun atmosphere. I enjoyed the hell out of it!

They didn't have the Tim/Frank split or the Chuck 9" at our show. If anyone finds these at later show and are willing to pick me up copies of all the colors I'd pay a little extra for your trouble. Thanks.

Sorry... forgot tom mention this. The show was supposed to start at 7pm. It ended up not starting till bout 7:45 and ran till around 12:30. So it lasted around 4 and 1/2 hours.

went to boston last night

8pm start

group came out and played(missed it and assumed i would)

then CHUCK PLAYED FIRST! missed 4-5 songs

caught the final 4 songs

then chuck played a song with the only female on the tour

then the dude from cavein

then the dude from sparta

i couldn't take it anymore, still pissed i missed chucks set and left.

i guess eventually chuck cam eback out and played more songs with people and tim played last.

make sure to get there at doors and plan to stay the whole time to catch who you want.

(btw the show was pretty full when i got there around 8:40 but by 10 the place was half empty because people assumed Chuck wasn't going to come out and play another full set. i'm sure people texted other people who were coming and told them not to. personally i think it's stupid for a headliner to play first!)

I feel like there's way too many acts later on in the tour. The date I'm going to has seven, it seems like its either going to be the longest show ive ever been to, or made up of really short sets. While I'm excited about a new kind of format, I kinda wish it was just a good old fashioned bill so I could show up late and not miss anything.

let me rephrase: I'm sure all of the artists are good, and to miss anyone is probably missing out, but I just don't really want to be standing there for 7 hours.

He didn't do that last year in Dallas. Chuck played last. Well everyone played a few songs together, then Tom Gabel played first, then Tim Barry, then Ben Nicols, then Chuck....and they all finished together..

in Chicago he opened it, then sporadically came out and helped out then came back at the end...the show dragged by, too many douchebags talking throughout, Tim Barry played a shorter set than anyone else...and he was the main reason I was there...it was a littel boring aside from tim and chuck...and by the end we were like, wrap it up already this has gone on too fucking long.

My only complaint about last year.....please don't hate.....Ben Nichols set seemed to drag on Fooorrrreeevvvveeerrrrrr. And to me everysong sounded the same, but maybe one. Outside that The show was great....your right about Tim having a short set. Maybe thats why ben's set was so damn long....

^^^^The Chicago show...last year?

My only complaint about last year.....please don't hate.....Ben Nichols set seemed to drag on Fooorrrreeevvvveeerrrrrr. And to me everysong sounded the same, but maybe one. Outside that The show was great....your right about Tim having a short set. Maybe thats why ben's set was so damn long....

^^^^The Chicago show...last year?

yeah...I'm not a Lucero or Ben Nichols fan...so yeah that shit took forever to get over with...

went to boston last night

(btw the show was pretty full when i got there around 8:40 but by 10 the place was half empty because people assumed Chuck wasn't going to come out and play another full set. i'm sure people texted other people who were coming and told them not to. personally i think it's stupid for a headliner to play first!)

Chuck made it a point to let everyone know that there was no headliners for this tour. It seemed like he was trying to create a closer atmosphere among the artists and give everyone more exposure. Personally I liked it.

Yeah it was Jenny Owen Young that he played with in Boston, and Tim's set was awesome, up to and including him coming down into the crowd and playing, and the final group set was amazing too.

Tim did that here as well. It was the first time I'd seen him play and I was really impressed. He didn't need a mic cuz everyone in the crowd was singing along with him. LOTS of fun! Does he always do that?