Noise by Numbers Vinyl PREORDERS ARE UP!!!

comes out tomorrow yeah? when should i start watching my mailbox?

if you ordered from interpunk, it should be coming! if you ordered from me or vc, it will come in the next week or two! i was in chicago for 2.5 weeks, they will go out this week asap!!

also, the /100 white at interpunk with patch are selling fast and the clear yellow /100 at solidarity as well! if you want those, pick them up fast! hot topic will have clear red shortly!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

comes out tomorrow yeah? when should i start watching my mailbox?

if you ordered from interpunk, it should be coming! if you ordered from me or vc, it will come in the next week or two! i was in chicago for 2.5 weeks, they will go out this week asap!!

also, the /100 white at interpunk with patch are selling fast and the clear yellow /100 at solidarity as well! if you want those, pick them up fast! hot topic will have clear red shortly!!

unacceptablllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ FUNNY.

AT LEAST HE'S NO RFC. HAHAHA

yeah seriously...way hang out with your "family" and "real-world friends" and not call your "internet friend you don't know all that well" back while in Chicago...OMG, what a jerk!

dude, seriosuly, i apologize! some of that "family" shit, i wanted to kill myself, no joke!!! haha i would have totally rather of hung out with you man! its was fun at the two shows though! ill be back soon, i promise! you need to come out to the bay area as well!! haha second week i was there i was super sick and saw ghosts!!

and yes, it is unacceptable, but hey, i deserved a vacation in chicago after the one last year got ruined!! haha

• 3 weeks later...

http://blogs.suntimes.com/derogatis/2009/11/demo2dero_noise_by_numbers.html

Demo2DeRo: Noise By Numbers

[image]

By

Jim DeRogatis

on November 16, 2009 10:30 AM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

NbN.jpg

Though two of its members have much higher-profile pedigrees than many of the groups that the Demo2DeRo column addresses--Dan "Vapid" Schafer has played in Screeching Weasel and the Riverdales, as well as leading the Methadones, and Jeff Dean is in the Bomb--their new collaboration with bassist Rick Uncapher (Textbook) and drummer Jimmy Lucido on the debut album "Yeah, Whatever..." could easily be overlooked outside the punk underground, and that would be a shame.

Despite the cheeky, hinting-at-generic sounds moniker, Noise By Numbers draws inspiration from the fertile'80s indie-rock scene of Husker Du, the Replacements, Dinosaur Jr. and their ilk as well as classic Chicago punk sounds like Naked Raygun and the Effigies to inject a heaping dose of sing-along melody into every propulsive and hard-hitting groove, making for an instantly familiar yet somehow distinctive and fresh-sounding formula: Good tunes are timeless, and they're always welcome.

The band has two impressive gigs in the coming weeks, at the Beat Kitchen on Dec. 4 and opening for Rise Against at Metro on Dec. 18, but a sampling of its songs are streaming now at