Photos: Fest Guitar built by Hackl Guitars, Raffle

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

[image]

Our very own Justin Hackl who also plays in the Denver band, Only Thunder, finds time to build and repair guitars with his company, Hackl Guitars. He has been putting in countless hours completing the Fest Guitar you see photographed above. The Guitar is done and we wanted to share the photos with you.

The best news is that you can win this guitar through a raffle at this year's Fest. Details are still waiting to be announced on how the raffle will work, but the proceeds from the raffle will go to benefit the Harvest of Hope. Justin will have the guitar up for display at the Vinyl Collective/Only Thunder Flea Market booth on Friday during Fest registration and on Saturday, it will be up for display at the No Idea Garage Sale.

I think the guitar looks amazing. It's crazy to think that Justin built that with his two hands. I know I could never do such a thing. Please leave your feedback on the site or message board.

is this a neck-thru or a bolt on? nice job...and what kind of wood is it made of?

i really like that it's one humbucker. i only use my bridge hb in my guitar myself. i am totally gonna enter the raffle to win this.. most likely i won't win, but nonetheless.

It is a set neck, the same way gibson does their guitars. The body is alder, the top is ziracote, the neck is maple, the fretboard is ebony.

Make you sure you come say hi at the fest and you can at least play it for awhile. Maybe you will win!