misfits

Static Age

This sounds like nothing else I've ever heard. It's so original, I hardly think of it as a punk album. It transcends the genre by slowing down and utilizing cleaner(cheaper) guitars and simple drums, but never losing sight of the hook.

Catchy as fuck.

The title track is song writing genius. It's just a driving chord that almost never changes through the whole song while the vocal melody weaves in and out, almost just talking at times. Of course the lyrics to the whole album are amazing. Even what seem like filler songs are just phenomenal...Theme For A Jackal...they fully commit to the absurdity and their attitude convinces the listener that this is all real.

"If you're gonna scream, scream with me...moments like this never last..."

I absolutely Love the O.G. Line-up of Misfits, but I also love Graves era Misfits as well...I really really don't understand everybody's hatred, sure his lyrics are a bit forced, but damn that dude could wail. At anyrate I voted Walk Among Us as my fav, but still got plenty of love for Graves Era, bring the hate.