ultimate fakebook reunion

no idea about other bands playing. you make it out to any of those recent sex offenders reunion shows? not sure if its a reunion or if they are in full swing again, but that would be cool to see. i thought there was another sister mary rotten crotch and maybe a main street saints reunion happening again sometime in the future.

no idea about other bands playing. you make it out to any of those recent sex offenders reunion shows? not sure if its a reunion or if they are in full swing again, but that would be cool to see. i thought there was another sister mary rotten crotch and maybe a main street saints reunion happening again sometime in the future.

With living in Lawrence the past few years, I have been out of touch w/ that whole KC scene a bit. I didn't make it out to any of the Sex Offenders shows, but from what I have heard they are not really back together, but not really broken up. They are pretty much playing when ever they feel like playing a show. I have not heard anything about SMRC or the saints though. Kbblackrob on here would be the dude to ask about those! Did you live in KC at some point?

Guest kylewilliam

<---- thought this thread read "ultimate facebook reunion," so i was prepared for a longwinded story about meeting some best friend from 30 years ago again via facebook.

this is much better

With living in Lawrence the past few years, I have been out of touch w/ that whole KC scene a bit. I didn't make it out to any of the Sex Offenders shows, but from what I have heard they are not really back together, but not really broken up. They are pretty much playing when ever they feel like playing a show. I have not heard anything about SMRC or the saints though. Kbblackrob on here would be the dude to ask about those! Did you live in KC at some point?

SMRC will get together from time to time for special events. i believe they played a benefit show last year. Main Street Saints... i've heard rumors, but nothing confirmed... i talk to the singer jason on a fairly regular basis... i'll ask hime next time i see him.

another reunion from back in the day happened a couple weeks ago... i couldn't make it, but danger bob played a reunion show, and the secret opener ended up being the bubble boys.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! goddamnit i was pissed last time i missed the bubble boys playing up there (back when i lived there, to answer a previous question) and now i find out they played again. i was already pretty bummed to have missed danger bob to begin with but that just takes it to a whole other level. danger bob's le pop shoppe and bubble boys' bitter is better both need to be on vinyl. i also missed the kosher reunion awhile back, that happened the weekend after i moved down here. if i end up hearing about a revolvers reunion that i missed i am going to destroy the world.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! goddamnit i was pissed last time i missed the bubble boys playing up there (back when i lived there, to answer a previous question) and now i find out they played again. i was already pretty bummed to have missed danger bob to begin with but that just takes it to a whole other level. danger bob's le pop shoppe and bubble boys' bitter is better both need to be on vinyl. i also missed the kosher reunion awhile back, that happened the weekend after i moved down here. if i end up hearing about a revolvers reunion that i missed i am going to destroy the world.

yeah, i was out of town and missed it, but my girlfriend told me about it...

danger bob had a reunion show at the bottleneck, but the night before they did another show at a dive bar in lawrence(i can't remember the name)... they did le pop shoppe in it's entirety and a few other songs. they hinted that 'they weren't the only reunion that weekend'

i missed the kosher reunion as well... as far as revolvers, i doubt that will happen. every time i see justin he says it's up to mike, and when i see mike he says it's up to justin. maybe someday though. i've been trying for a few years to get my hands on some unreleased stuff justin has... maybe someday. mike and chris(bass player) have a new band called hipshot killer... i haven't been able to check them out yet though.

i definitely need to hear some of that unreleased stuff. i've yet to hear the unreleased bubble boys album either. i've missed a lot of kc reunions over the last few years. missed the last time SMRC played, last time tanka ray played, kosher, bubble boys, danger bob, ultimate fakebook's last reunion, and i haven't seen cretin 66 since they started playing shows again either. what ever happened to the breakups?

for one reason or another, i've missed a bunch of them too. but i've seen some great ones as well, i did catch the first UFB reunion a few months ago. one of my favorites was a few years ago when the urge did a secret reunion at the hurricane on the patio. i saw cretin 66 a couple months back it was awkward because it was a fashion show with them as the music... the breakups tried to get back together, but it kind of fizzled out. i think dave 'chilidog' does solo stuff from time to time. benji had a new project started, i haven't heard it yet. i need to get in touch with benji, he told me that a label in seattle pressed a vinyl that collects most everything they ever put out, and a few unreleased songs. when/if i finally get it, i'll let you know.

i wondering if you and i know each other from back in the day.

oh awesome. i just found out the sex offenders are coming to oklahoma city playing on the fang tour. i was going to try to go to the fang show at bobby's loft in kc but i doubt i would have made it. this is good news.

so, are you saying that there is a breakups discography lp floating around somewhere?

i'm not sure if you and i know each other, i was pretty young when most of those bands were around (i'm only 24), late junior high/high school age for most. but i'm sure we have run into each other at some point, i lived in westport the year before i made the move down here and i frequently saw people i hadn't seen since the early 2000s when the el torreon had great shows every week.

hmm, it's very possible that we were going to the same shows... i'm 31, and have been around kc/lawrence for years...

there is a possible breakups discography lp. years ago, this guy promised benji that he was going to put the record out. then the guy disappeared. i guess the guy passed away at some point. but benji got a call from someone claiming to have them and was going to get them to him...

i keep forgetting to ask him if he's gotten them yet. next time i see him i'll ask what's up with them

yea that would be great. i didn't think they had enough material to warrant a discog. i've got their ep on woundup, the split with the sex offenders and the kchc comp. but then there is a mysterious test pressing picture on their myspace of something they said never came out. if there isn't a collection there sure as hell should be, if only on cd. i'd press all these myself if i had the funds, but what can you do? every time i start listening to these old kc bands i always wish i was 10 years older so i could have gone to more of the daily grind/gee coffee shows.

hey while i have this thread centered around kc, will you give my list a look and see if i am missing anything kc-related from either my haves or wants. i have one mass list for each at the top of each respective page. i am, for better or worse, attempting to compile all punk/hardcore/indie vinyl releases from the area. except coalesce. not into them.

oh and some other reunions coming up:

11/27 cher UK @ the replay lounge

11/27 season to risk @ recordbar

i think season to risk plays a show every thanksgiving, but i guess this year is their 20th anniversary as a band so they will actually be doing a little bit of touring. also that show is with iron rite mangle, so i'm double bummed to be missing it.

• 3 weeks later...