record storage

czurek13

so I have a road case I had been putting my records in, but i never planned on buying so many records so fast. needless to say i need more storage, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions to good places to buy some sort of shelving unit or even another road case? I only know of finding them on ebay or like guitar centers website and I am trying to save as much money as I can here. please let me know if you have any ideas.

thanks

There are these plastic bins you can buy from Target for around $10 a piece. They're the perfect size for records, and they are pretty customizable as far as how you want the layout to be. you can stack them up on top of each other, or set them side by side like a bookshelf.

I have a couple of them sitting open side up so I can flip through the records as if I were at a record store, although you could set them up like an IKEA or something like that.

If you are looking for something as cheap as possible, steal milk crates or just get some cinder blocks and some timber they are pretty cheap but also i bet you could nab some from a skip.

I'm not sure where i read it, must be on the board somewhere but you can get boxes from the post office for free that fit them perfectly. At least that's what i read, i'm the wrong side of the pond to find out for myself!

Give the board a trawl, i know this thread exists far more than once!

If you are looking for something as cheap as possible, steal milk crates or just get some cinder blocks and some timber they are pretty cheap but also i bet you could nab some from a skip.

I'm not sure where i read it, must be on the board somewhere but you can get boxes from the post office for free that fit them perfectly. At least that's what i read, i'm the wrong side of the pond to find out for myself!

Give the board a trawl, i know this thread exists far more than once!

Tried, tested and true way to move em, but I hate storing them in them because sometimes pulling em out can injure the spine

The shelves are the perfect depth for LPs and are adjustable (except for the the middle ones), so you can customize it to your needs. Everything is made of solid wood so its really sturdy. I bought it about a year ago and have had my entire collection (550+) and haven't had any problems at all. I'll be sure to post some photos soon.

i do like that shelving unit for the fact it would help keep dust out better than the open one, more money than i planned, but could be a better investment overall. im not trying to go as cheap as milk crates just for the simple fact that at some point i want to look like I somewhat care what my place looks like to an extent. thanks for the replies.

That is the kind of shelving I want for the my 7-inch collection...that particular one may be too deep shelf-wise, but the layout is what I am looking for...