what's the best gift you've ever received?

cesar11

For valentine's day one year, a friend of mine gave me a bag full of gag gifts, and all over the gifts were yellow star post-it notes. They were numbered 1-50, and each one had something she liked about me written on it. It's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me, I just about cried.

For valentine's day one year, a friend of mine gave me a bag full of gag gifts, and all over the gifts were yellow star post-it notes. They were numbered 1-50, and each one had something she liked about me written on it. It's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me, I just about cried.

She probably wanted to plow.

Nothing stands out as such.

The most surprising present/one i almost shat my self with excitement over was an iPod about 6/7 years ago. They were really expensive then in comparison to today's prices and i hadn't even dropped a hint because i felt bad wanting something so expensive. My parents aren't really that in to present buying, they tend to just give us cash + a few little things, so i was hoping for a bit of money to put towards an iPod. When i opened the box and it was sat there i could of exploded.

As good as it is to get a great gift, nothing beats the feeling of giving a great present that someone loves. Without trying to sound big headed/a complete douche, i have given a few gifts that have left the recipient in tears, and it literally makes my stomach fizz!

Best gift:

My parents sacrificing so much and taking care of me to this day. Seriously, when you are born to a pair of 17 year olds, a lot of shit could go wrong in your life. You could be an aborted fetus, you could be stuck in the system going unadopted, neglected, and just end up completely fucked up.

Now that I'm at the age where my parents would be purchasing the house I grew up in, and being completely financially independent with a three year old daughter it puts a lot in perspective of what they gave up to give me a good life.

And my grandparents and great grandparents(my mom's parents and grandparents) for being amazing people who love me and took my dad in after he knocked up their daughter/granddaughter and his mother abandoned him and squandered all the money his father (an amazing man that I never got to meet because he died 3-4 years before I was born but he is the reason why my dad is the person he is) left for him before he died.

So yeah...sorry to get sentimental but it puts a lot of shit in perspective for me. It's to the point where I don't really want for things. They're nice and fun and I enjoy having them and buying them when I have pocket money. But as long as I am able to cover basic needs the best gift I can receive or want for anymore are good, solid, reliable friends who care about me. That gift seems to be the most elusive.

Probably would have if he didn't almost cry.

Nah, definitely didn't, she's just a really fucking awesome friend.

Best gift:

My parents sacrificing so much and taking care of me to this day. Seriously, when you are born to a pair of 17 year olds, a lot of shit could go wrong in your life. You could be an aborted fetus, you could be stuck in the system going unadopted, neglected, and just end up completely fucked up.

Now that I'm at the age where my parents would be purchasing the house I grew up in, and being completely financially independent with a three year old daughter it puts a lot in perspective of what they gave up to give me a good life.

And my grandparents and great grandparents(my mom's parents and grandparents) for being amazing people who love me and took my dad in after he knocked up their daughter/granddaughter and his mother abandoned him and squandered all the money his father (an amazing man that I never got to meet because he died 3-4 years before I was born but he is the reason why my dad is the person he is) left for him before he died.

So yeah...sorry to get sentimental but it puts a lot of shit in perspective for me. It's to the point where I don't really want for things. They're nice and fun and I enjoy having them and buying them when I have pocket money. But as long as I am able to cover basic needs the best gift I can receive or want for anymore are good, solid, reliable friends who care about me. That gift seems to be the most elusive.

We have a similar back story. I'm so glad I didn't grow up to be white trash.