ebay stores

loren

does anyone on here have an actual ebay store? ive been thinking about adding one to my account and had a few questions that i cant really figure out on their site. im usually pretty ebay savvy but dont know much about how the stores work. mostly things like if you want to list something and dont want it in the store section at the bottom of the searches cause you still list things regularly? and how much listing fees are for store items. i tried the free trial about 2 years ago and you still had to pay normal listing fees but im sure its changed since

id recommend against using an ebay store. you may save on listing fees if youre a high volume seller but your items will get pushed towards the very bottom of the page into the ebay stores where many ebay shoppers do not go. you cannot list auction style listings into an ebay store, only buy it nows (with best offers if you choose). youll also find that more often then than not, youll still have to list items as regular auctions or buy it nows to drive traffic to your store because no one will find it. so basically, unless youre a high volume seller with some serious inventory its not really worth it.

so like say i have stuff that i have high inventory of....but then also want to list some other things ie records as a regular auction where it gets visibility? is it easy to seperated things from the store and regular auctions?

that i cant really answer. i contemplated opening an ebay store sometime back and did some of my own research as well asked questions on ebay forums and some of what i learned is what i passed along to you. i decided to pass because i just didnt think it would be beneficial for me. if youre a power seller or have a lot of inventory (one person told me 500+ items on a consistent basis is a good number to go off of) then itd probably be something to look into. id say the best thing to do is go to the ebay forums and go to the ebay store forums and ask some questions that are more specific.

i opened a store last night. stores would work out pretty well for my account. i found out that you can still list stuff normally for the normail insert fees, get the regular auction visibility, and pay the less %fee on regular auctions (since store inventory takes like 10%) it works really well for cheap items though. im a bit skeptical of the limited visibility in stores. do you guys look at things in stores as much as auctions?

i opened a store last night. stores would work out pretty well for my account. i found out that you can still list stuff normally for the normail insert fees, get the regular auction visibility, and pay the less %fee on regular auctions (since store inventory takes like 10%) it works really well for cheap items though. im a bit skeptical of the limited visibility in stores. do you guys look at things in stores as much as auctions?

i know i do but who knows if i'm the norm. i find a lot of stores to have really high prices so i tend to stick to auctions. that said if i find a reasonably priced in a store i'm more likely to just get it and rest easier since i don't have to bid for it.

I use the stores a good amount.

I use the stores a good amount.

I always look at the stores too, but I'm a scourer. I don't think the general public looks that hard.