IF YOU'RE IN ASBURY PARK............

So where are the Guidos on the Jersey Shore in relation to this store? Blown out hair, lifting weights, orange tans, fist pumping...

I am fascinated by these humans. A perfect day sounds like record shopping and then watch the parade of Guidos and the women who love them.

You guys are lucky.

So where are the Guidos on the Jersey Shore in relation to this store? Blown out hair, lifting weights, orange tans, fist pumping...

I am fascinated by these humans. A perfect day sounds like record shopping and then watch the parade of Guidos and the women who love them.

You guys are lucky.

they would be about 2 hours south, in Wildwood.

Asbury Park is one of my favorite places to go. ..well, it was 4 or so years ago, before they really kicked the reconstruction in overdrive. I was planning on going up soon to see the progress on everything, so i'll be sure to check out this shop.

lol, im not there anymore, but the epicenter is about 20 miles south of asbury park.

My wife's family has a house on the beach in Manasquan, which is pretty guido-tastic.

On the topic of record swaps: are you going to the Black Cat rock-n-shop on Dec 19? I found a few really good records there last year. Plus, beer.

Man most of these "guido" types you are referring to stay up around Seaside Heights, coming down from new york and giving jersey beaches a bad rep.

Was at Asbury this past summer and the clean up effort they have done is tremendous. The beach is actually enjoyable again. Four years ago you couldnt have paid me to go there!

My wife's family has a house on the beach in Manasquan, which is pretty guido-tastic.

On the topic of record swaps: are you going to the Black Cat rock-n-shop on Dec 19? I found a few really good records there last year. Plus, beer.

oo no shit, hadn't even heard of it. but by the looks of it i should be around that weekend and now have something to do, cool.

but yes, seaside is the main drag for these douchbag types. wildwood, yes to a degree, more philly type guidos whom are less dramatic. the new yorkers usually don't venture past LBI.

oo no shit, hadn't even heard of it. but by the looks of it i should be around that weekend and now have something to do, cool.

It's cool. People have tables with their collections, and local labels usually set up booths too. Dischord was there last year with a few gems. Hit me up!

I was at the Jersey Shore for a week in Ocean City over the summer and was bummed by the lack of orange people. I only saw like, one half guido.

hah, ocean city is dry. white people haven, noise laws all that nonsense.

However, on the positive side, there is a record shop there on Asbury... It's called Toilet Water... It's run by this girl Carol and her mom. Seriously nice folks who carry a decent selection at really reasonable prices... I cannot tell you how many out-of-print gems I've found there for great prices! The coolest part is that they're fully aware some of the shit would go for a ton on ebay, but would rather have a somebody stumble upon it in their shop and be stoked... If you're ever in the area, I'd suggest stopping by...

hah, ocean city is dry. white people haven, noise laws all that nonsense.

However, on the positive side, there is a record shop there on Asbury... It's called Toilet Water... It's run by this girl Carol and her mom. Seriously nice folks who carry a decent selection at really reasonable prices... I cannot tell you how many out-of-print gems I've found there for great prices! The coolest part is that they're fully aware some of the shit would go for a ton on ebay, but would rather have a somebody stumble upon it in their shop and be stoked... If you're ever in the area, I'd suggest stopping by...

yes! dude toilet water seriously kicks so much ass. no trip to ocean city is complete without a stop there and to mack N mancos

is this place suppose to be a record store? because the pics on the website indicate nothing of that sort.

and like others have said, Asbury Park is not south jersey.

It's records, clothing and music equipment, plus downstairs they have over a hundred classic pinball machines. I've found alot of good records there, first presses and the like. You can always call and tell him what you're lookin for, if he has it he'll put it aside for you and his prices are very reasonable.