fugazi stage banter

I only saw Fugazi once, I think in 1999 or 2000, they played this free festival outside of PITT and CMU campus in Pittsburgh, they played in this GIGANTIC tent, a way to large of a tent, and there were a good 5 - 6000 people there. We thought we were on the side of the tent where they were playing, turns out, we were in the very extreme back. HA! Ian looked like a stick figure, but it was still amazing.

a friend of mine was at that show doing photography for wherever he was working at the time.

He said it was just a crazy good show.

it always seemd like you had to follow Ian's rules at their shows, it felt like school. The point of going to see bands like that as a teenager was that it was the only place you could go act like a fucking maniac and no one around you cared, except for Ian. They always were really good though.

Oh people cared/care. It seemed like listening to the banter, he cared about one person not ruining the show for anyone else. Pushing people, running in to them, and generally invading their space uninvited does not allow for a good time to be had by all.

it always seemd like you had to follow Ian's rules at their shows, it felt like school. The point of going to see bands like that as a teenager was that it was the only place you could go act like a fucking maniac and no one around you cared, except for Ian. They always were really good though.

Oh people cared/care. It seemed like listening to the banter, he cared about one person not ruining the show for anyone else. Pushing people, running in to them, and generally invading their space uninvited does not allow for a good time to be had by all.

I agree, but he got really picky about it sometimes. I only saw Fugazi a couple of times, and both shows were great. His banter was sometimes perfect, but other times it just came off bitchy and self-righteous. I'm all for people being able to enjoy a show without being bothered (I wish some bands would do that now), but he got a little extreme about it sometimes. And that giving the money back schtick was played out. I bet he lined his pocket with fives before the band took the stage and start looking for people to toss.

I'm just saying that I never had more fun at a Fugazi show than every other band I went to see who didn't complain to the audience all of the time.