USB car stereos

xfedaykinx

im looking to get a car stereo that i can just plug my ipod into instead of dragging around all my cds everywhere. do any of you have one of these? even if it isnt USB compatible. maybe something that has an easy to deal with AUX input through the back. lets get some ideas going. thanks brothas and sistas.

i do, unfortunately a few years back i got fed up with connecting one of those into my portable cd player, so i bought a cd stereo. i wasnt forward thinking enough to think about potentially getting an ipod. so that is no longer an option.

oh, if there is a best buy around you id just go check that out they seem to have a lot of car audio equipment.

Don't get one with a usb connection, get one that has a 1/8" auxiliary jack and buy a little cable to connect to your iPod. The sound quality is going to be much better that way.

yeah, i had a buddy who had a setup like that. sounded fantastic. do you know if you can get those to plug in the front, or only through the back?

I had a Pioneer stereo with an external Ipod dock that went directly to the stereo. I could change the songs through the stereo and it charged the Ipod at the same time. It was some what awkward, but it definitely sounded great and having the ability to charge on the go is awesome.

Don't get one with a usb connection, get one that has a 1/8" auxiliary jack and buy a little cable to connect to your iPod. The sound quality is going to be much better that way.

yeah, i had a buddy who had a setup like that. sounded fantastic. do you know if you can get those to plug in the front, or only through the back?

My car's CD player has it in the front and it's just a basic Sony

I had a Pioneer stereo with an external Ipod dock that went directly to the stereo. I could change the songs through the stereo and it charged the Ipod at the same time. It was some what awkward, but it definitely sounded great and having the ability to charge on the go is awesome.

I have that and I fucking love it. That + 60 gig iPod = <3 while I'm driving to DC in the middle of the night.

Guest falloutcollapse

what i do is i plug in a monster ipod cable to the cigarette lighter. it goes on the radio and it sounds great. it's 70 dollars for that, an extra battery thing, and something else kinda dumb at sam's club. i think it works great