else

document.write('+':y8vyhiyl]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I felt like he was underused -- he really only showed up three times over two hours. I know he's under short-term contract through Wrestlemania, so it's not like I won't see him again, but I was just surprised at how little he actually did on the show.

That said, that shit between him and Shawn was real, and intense.

Also really surprised the Hart Dynasty didn't show up. It'll be pretty dumb if they keep that team on Smackdown and never associate them with Bret over the next three months.

Also, did anyone watch TNA with Hulk Hogan tonight? I didn't, but I heard Ric Flair showed up as a surprise guest, which makes me wish I would've DVRed it.

Here is a list of people who debut tonight

Val Venus (Played strip poker)

Jeff Hardy (Attacked Homicide)

Shannon Moore. (Left with Jeff Hardy)

Orlando Jordan (not sure what he did)

Scott Hall & X-Pac (Beat up Foley)

Nasty Boys (Destroyed Team 3D's locker room)

Ric Flair (showed up in the middle of Styles/Angle and watched)

I felt like he was underused -- he really only showed up three times over two hours. I know he's under short-term contract through Wrestlemania, so it's not like I won't see him again, but I was just surprised at how little he actually did on the show.

That said, that shit between him and Shawn was real, and intense.

Also really surprised the Hart Dynasty didn't show up. It'll be pretty dumb if they keep that team on Smackdown and never associate them with Bret over the next three months.

I fucking hate the Hart Dynasty. If I had my way there wouldn't be a HBK/ Taker match planned for WrestleMania and it'd be HBK and Brett instead. Hart would win, naturally.

Also, did anyone watch TNA with Hulk Hogan tonight? I didn't, but I heard Ric Flair showed up as a surprise guest, which makes me wish I would've DVRed it.

Here is a list of people who debut tonight

Val Venus (Played strip poker)

Jeff Hardy (Attacked Homicide)

Shannon Moore. (Left with Jeff Hardy)

Orlando Jordan (not sure what he did)

Scott Hall & X-Pac (Beat up Foley)

Ric Flair (showed up in the middle of Styles/Angle and watched)

Shit dude! I've never watched TNA but that sounds awesome. I miss X-Pac. My 12 year old brother is a giant Jeff Hardy fan, so he's gonna be so thrilled.

I had mixed feelings about it. I mean, Bret has made a (2nd) career blaming Vince for all the world's ills. His book lays things out pretty clear, he holds Vince responsible for Owen's death, as well as the Montreal Screwjob. I understand you gotta eat, but this is just a complete 180 from his previous views.

That said, it was pretty cool to see him back in the ring. I saw him in downtown Toronto a few years ago after his stroke and he was shuffling down the street very slowly, he has come a long way since then.

Hopefully this is the start of a respectful comeback. He has allowed Montreal to define his career, it's almost tragic (if there wasn't already so much tragedy in wrestling) how he held onto that for so long.

Of course, the past 12 years could have just been a work leading up to this week....just kidding.

i didnt watch this live or anything but i watched it on youtube. i really could not care less about current wrestling as the product is really awful. but, i grew up on wwf from about 88 - 94 so the return of bret peaked my interest just to see what it was all about. im pretty certain he'll be inducted into the hall of fame this year (or maybe they've already confirmed that? i dont know).

in terms of the whole montreal screwjob thing, i think vince owes bret a lot more than he'll probably ever admit considering that was really the start of the whole "mr mcmahon" persona (irregardless if it was intentional or not) that basically anchored the whole attitude era with stone cold, etc which was what put wwf back on the map.

as a side note, i got to see bret wrestle shawn live in 1992 i think -- 11 rows from ringside at a house show. i dont believe wrestling will ever be as good as it was back in the late 80s / early 90s.

Oh wow. I didn't know the Michaels/ Hart match was f'reals.

they say that it was. others claim it was the greatest work in wrestling history (ie. bret left without officially dropping the title just like he wanted, vince gets the "mcmahon" persona, etc.) but in a lot of ways that seems coincidental to me. chances are, nobody will ever really know.

theres an interview on youtube with chris kanyon (former wcw wrestler) who swears that on the topic of the montreal screwjob, all bret did was wink at him and said "shhhh" while bret was in wcw. id bet it was said for the attention though. theres also lots of other documentary footage about it on youtube that you can watch and draw your own conclusions.