Having to ask your parents for money

matt

i went to college right after high school but soon dropped out. im 23 now and just started for the first time in about 3 years. im not working nearly as much anymore so i can keep up with the school work this time around. im out a bunch of money from a shitty roommate who bounced me a check and hasnt paid me back. im moving out in a little over a month so we wont have to deal with her bullshit anymore so i need cash for deposit/first months rent.

i know i know, livejournal.com

is your roommate cute?

haha shes all right at best id say. personality goes a long way with me and being a liar isnt going to help your cause. i live with my girlfriend and 3 other girls in a 4 bedroom house. my girlfriend and i and one of the other girls (not the lying bullshitting one who owes me $$$) are getting our own place.

ive basically done it all at this point.

-lived in the dorms with 3 other dudes

-lived in a house with my ex gf co-worker and this white trash chick who'd beat her 5 year old son and fuck on the couch downstairs while her kid was upstairs locked in the room... she got kicked out and was replaced with the co workers sister and her sisters gf who i think hated the male population.

-lived in a one bedroom apt by myself for a year

-lived in a 2 bedroom condo with one of my good friends

-lived in a 4 bedroom house with girlfriend and her friends

i dont think i could ever live by myself again, that shit could be so lonely but 5 people being here is a bit much for me too. 2-3 people seems pretty ideal to me at this point.

i've made it a point to not borrow money from my parents if i don't have to, and i've done really well. even though it's pushed me to nearly hit the end of my bank account's overdraft and my credit card is continually maxed out these days, i haven't borrowed cash from them in about four years. at all.

i made a point of it because i know that's how my dad was; he had a fairly big family and he's one of the only ones that actually made his own money right out of school and has been able to take care of his family and whatnot on his own. all his siblings had to lean heavy on my grandpa. same kind of goes for my familiy too: my two sisters are both older than me and one constantly bugs my folks to buy stuff for her and her kids, even though they live out of province and her husband makes decent money. my other (oldest) sister has had some severe problems (identity theft, he university making a mistake and telling her she graduated when she was one class short, the newspaper she used to work at folding and leaving her jobless) and she's had to live with my folks for the last few years despite turning 30 this summer.

so i figure if i take care of myself my folks will probably notice. even if i need to get through some lean years, it should pay off in the long-run by my folks loving me more!