I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a new TV.

onecall.com has a very good return policy and sells all kinds of TVs. Even lets you make your own offer. That said, I would stay away from Sony and go with Samsung or Vizio. Often with Sony you pay a surcharge for the name. I would also use Google Shopping search for the TV you want to see what the best price is around the internet.

I hear not so good things about Sharp TVs. Nothing you'd notice in your own place but you would notice when comparing your TV with the TVs of others. Just what I was told by a co-worker who has a Sharp.

What don't you like about it?

if this was directed at me i just think plasmas look better. i think they look more natural and not as hot or bright as LCD's. the blacks are deeper and richer, you can see shadow and definition during dark scenes better and clearer. most other colors look truer too than LCD's in my mind. one of the complaints i've read about plasmas and the TV i have in particular is that greens don't look good, that they don't look natural and are too rich, which i fail to see. as i mainly watch sports and all the green that's obviously featured, i have no issues with my plasma.

What don't you like about it?

if this was directed at me i just think plasmas look better. i think they look more natural and not as hot or bright as LCD's. the blacks are deeper and richer, you can see shadow and definition during dark scenes better and clearer. most other colors look truer too than LCD's in my mind. one of the complaints i've read about plasmas and the TV i have in particular is that greens don't look good, that they don't look natural and are too rich, which i fail to see. as i mainly watch sports and all the green that's obviously featured, i have no issues with my plasma.

No problems with action scene blurs or anything like that?

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/lg-42lh40/4505-6482_7-33569884.html

a buddy of mine has the 47 inch version of this one man. its about 900, but the 42in. should perform just as good, and its a killer set for the price.

also, i think it might be a bit more than you're lookin to spend, but the LG 47LH50 and the LG 40LH50 have built in Netflix

No problems with action scene blurs or anything like that?

i haven't had any problems with that.i watch band of brothers on blu-ray all the time and it looks great. the only problem is with hockey, because it's so fast paced, but both LCD's and plasmas have the same problem. that's where the hz comes in, the higher the number the faster it can process the image and reduce image bluring. off the top of my head i don't know what mine is, it's at leas 120 hz, but maybe 150 or 160.

also, the only issue i've seen with plasmas is the amount of light in the room. If the room you plan on putting the TV in is frequently full of sunlight/bright light in general, you most likely want to go with an LCD.

taken from engadget:

LCD superior in brighter rooms – simply speaking plasma is glass with white phosphors behind it. The result is that a mirror effect can take place when extremely bright light shines on plasma. This mirror effect can make it more difficult to see the images on the screen under extremely bright situations. This situation often occurs inside a big box retailer’s showroom which can be as much as five times brighter than a typical living room! In your average living room where the ambient light level is much lower there is little need for a “brighter” panel.

In general, plasmas have better pictures than LCD, as long as your viewing environment doesn't make the picture unwatchable. If you windows in your room or light on in your room, the glossy glass front surface of a plasma screen will produce mirror-like reflections that compete with the image being displayed. For birght scenes with a lot of colors, it is distracting. For dark scenes with not so much contrast, it makes a plasma unwatchable.