concerning MNF....

My girlfriend hates Favre (partly because she's a Vikings fan, but she told me yesterday she wouldn't like him regardless),

Who is the QB for the Vikings? oh, okay

Favre wins games even when throwing zero TD's and two INT (last week). He's 38 and doing what most 28 year old QB's cant do, and thats win games. 425 TD and counting! see you at 500!

jealousy that the vikings have yet another dud QB! 4 QB this season! who'se starting now? Holcomb?! Should have kept Cullpepper...

Haha, are you retarded? I hate Donovan McNabb, but it has nothing to do with the facts of my team's (better) record or who my QB is.

- Jeff

McNabb? LOL WUT? SMITE THEE!

im a cowboys fan through and through but Favre has been my favorite player for some time now...what he did last night is why. his passion for the game is just unmatched.

they compare Tony Romo and Jay Cutler to Favre. I like both QB's, and I like Dallas now because of Tony. I HATED Aikman, I thought he was a prick for some reason years ago. I also have a disdain for Denver soley because Elway took Favre's #2 Superbowl from him, hahaha. I could see Favre going out like Elway did though, Superbowl or Bust.

Vikings fans hate Favre for no reason other than him being in Green Bay. If he stayed and played for Atlanta and was successful Vikings fans would not hate him. There is no logic as to why Vikings fans hate Packers players and vice versa, its just how that rivalry is, and thats what im talking about. She's a Vikings fan, she cannot like a Packers player. Period. Its a sin there and in Wisconsin. My comment was in regards to the fact that in the years Favre has been in Green Bay the vikings have had 11 changes at QB! 4 THIS YEAR! The lack of stability in the QB position for the Vikings have been a problem they've had for years. One player does well, gets injured the next year or retires or leaves to another team.

Vikings fans hate Favre for no reason other than him being in Green Bay. If he stayed and played for Atlanta and was successful Vikings fans would not hate him. There is no logic as to why Vikings fans hate Packers players and vice versa, its just how that rivalry is, and thats what im talking about. She's a Vikings fan, she cannot like a Packers player. Period. Its a sin there and in Wisconsin. My comment was in regards to the fact that in the years Favre has been in Green Bay the vikings have had 11 changes at QB! 4 THIS YEAR! The lack of stability in the QB position for the Vikings have been a problem they've had for years. One player does well, gets injured the next year or retires or leaves to another team.

As a Dallas fan, don't even get me started on QB changes. The only team I sympathize for in that regard is Chicago. 10 QBs since Aikman retired in 2001.

- Jeff

yeah, but look who ya got now, Tony Romo. things are going to get very stable in dallas.

the bears are a defense team. I have no idea if they'll ever get another good QB in that franchise ever. and they don't need one as long as their defense is dominating like last year... they can get by with a grossman or an Orte and succeed.

yeah, but look who ya got now, Tony Romo. things are going to get very stable in dallas.

the bears are a defense team. I have no idea if they'll ever get another good QB in that franchise ever. and they don't need one as long as their defense is dominating like last year... they can get by with a grossman or an Orte and succeed.

I don't know. Look at the game against Minnesota earlier this month. A home game where the defense gives up that many yards. If it weren't for the fact that Minnesota has absolutely no pass defense, Chicago doesn't stand a chance in that game. I know they got to the Super Bowl last year, but I think that was just an extreme fluke (kind of like the Saints, the NFC was just a mess last year). They've already lost both their games against the Lions, I just don't see how they stand a chance of going anywhere as the season goes on and their defense (led by an ailing Urlacher) breaks down further.

Edit: Oh, and yeah it's nice especially seeing Romo get that 6 year extension yesterday, but it's been a long time since. We've went through everyone from Testeverde / Bledsoe to Henson / Hutchinson.

- Jeff

The bears have been good for the last 5 years defensively. this season they have a number of defensive injuries and on top of still having a lackluster QB/passing game, they have zero running game. Benson is a BIG bust for them. If the Bears defense was as good as it was the last few years I think they'd have beaten Kitna and definitely would have dominated the Vikings. Now, lets just hope Romo doesn't fade away after getting this $31M GUARANTEED contract.. he won't, but man, that would be a slap to the franchise's collective face!

Guest nickman

my dad had andre rison in his fantasy football league when favre was still with atlanta, so he was a little familiar with favre already. when my family first heard that favre signed to the packers my dad told us that it was going to be huge, so right away we went to a local sports shop and we got two custom printed favre jerseys. it was great.

I have never really been a big fan of football, but when I was little I owned a Brett Favre jersey. It was a good time.

Speaking of old QB jerseys, I still have a Marino jersey I got for free when I was like 10. It was always too big but I started to fit in it a few years back. Here's an old picture of me in it:

[image]

More good times.

- Jeff

Watch out, amsterdamned might try to kill you now. He HATES Dan Marino.

my dad had andre rison in his fantasy football league when favre was still with atlanta, so he was a little familiar with favre already. when my family first heard that favre signed to the packers my dad told us that it was going to be huge, so right away we went to a local sports shop and we got two custom printed favre jerseys. it was great.

thats amazing! I was 11 when he started in GB! I've grown up with Favre in GB, its going to be weird once he retires in the next few years.

No, just saying no one talked about theme before their super bowl runs, now everyone is a fan and their coach is a proven cheater! They edged the Steeler's in a few big games by close margins (not to say there weren't a few blowouts), but the fact that the Pats cheated completely ruins any respect they have gathered over the years. I don't care how good Tom Brady is doing this year, they've cheated in the past and that got them to this point. The Steelers could very well have another ring or two if the Pats weren't cheaters.