Help The Failures Union press their Album "Sinker"

I'm posting this for my friends in this band. Please check them out and take a minute of your time to read the following about this project. If you can spare a few bucks please do, if you have a little extra change you can get yourself the LP or even the entire album re-recorded about you! Test presses available for the first 5 people (4 as soon as im done typing this!)

So here's the blurb:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325712062/failures-union-sinker-album-on-lp

Hello everyone. We're Failures' Union from Buffalo, NY. In 2007 we wrote and recorded our first full length record. We named it "Sinker." One Percent Press released the album as a CD. We always wanted to put it out as an LP as well, but since we were never a full-time band and lacked the funding, the timing never seemed right.

Over the past year things have changed, and the band has become a priority for the members. Paper & Plastick released our new album "In What Way." We also have been touring a lot more, and are even going to be heading to the United Kingdom for two weeks in the spring to play. Now we want to put "Sinker" out on vinyl more than ever, but we need your help.

We are going to be pressing the LP at Pirates Press to ensure a quality product, and the project will cost a little over $2500. We are hoping to raise $2000 for the project with your generous help, and we will pay for the rest out of our pocket.

The money you donate will not go unrewarded: in return you will get a bunch of neat stuff. If you can only donate a little, it will basically be like you're pre-ordering the LP. The more you donate, the crazier the return. You can have Tony write and record a song especially for you. If you're a big spender we'll even re-record the vocals to the album and send you a special, one-of-a-kind version of "Sinker" where all of the lyrical content is about you.

We have everything ready to be sent to the pressing plant; all we need is your contribution. Please help us out, and make us very happy people.

You can check out songs at www.myspace.com/thefailuresunion

www.failuresunion.com.

Project location: Buffalo, NY

Thanks guys!

Nick

also please note that if the goal is not reached your card will not be charged and you lose nothing! If it does reach the goal your card will be charged on feb 21st.

Don't sleep! This band is great!

you can also download a bunch of songs spanning their releases right here.

www.failuresunion.com/download

...the project will cost a little over $2500. We are hoping to raise $2000 for the project with your generous help, and we will pay for the rest out of our pocket.

Awwww... it's so generous of the band to come up with 20% all on their own.

That's the problem with so many bands today -- all they want is a handout. But not these enterprising young men. They're willing to put their money where there mouth is and actually scrounge up a whole $500 between the 3 or 4 or 5 (or 9, if they're a ska band) of them to support what they truly love. I mean, who can expect the guys who are actually IN the band to front recording money for their OWN project? We're talking insane amounts amounts of money, like maybe $833 or $625 or $500 (or $278, if they're a ska band) per person! Who can expect such an ubiquitous band to have the time to raise all that money on their own to RE-RELEASE their first album on vinyl?

Besides, band members that invest too heavily in their own band are always so self-absorbed. It should be about the music!

In summary: free money to press a record + even freer money in sales of said record = a business plan we can all be proud of. If you don't donate to this worthy cause, then the terrorists have surely won.

I don't see it as pathetic. I pledged 25 bucks and in return I get two lps and a cd shipped. If not enough people pledge then you aren't charged. To each his own but I enjoy the band and would like to see this pressed. Some labels unfortunatly use preorders to help press albums this is just a little more honest approach. I do agree they should fund more of it personally.