Used hwm Forever and Counting on VC..

so there's a used forever and counting on the VC website being advertised as a first press.

If I'm not mistaken, that is the second press. sure, the first press on no idea, but that does not make it the first press. They should correct that as the second press. False advertising, shenanigans, and so forth

so there's a used forever and counting on the VC website being advertised as a first press.

If I'm not mistaken, that is the second press. sure, the first press on no idea, but that does not make it the first press. They should correct that as the second press. False advertising, shenanigans, and so forth

I believe Var remastered and re-plated that record, so it would be the first pressing of the No Idea version.

semantics, not shenanigans.

I believe Var remastered and re-plated that record, so it would be the first pressing of the No Idea version.

semantics, not shenanigans.

Frankly, I am appalled that you would willingly set this as precedent for future vinyl sales.

foshame!

when it's re-plated years later on another label, it's a totally different pressing, therefore I view that as the first pressing of the No Idea version.

yep. totally different pressing. you said it yourself. different pressing of the same record :-/. if you want to state that it's the first press on no idea, make sure to say that. all you said was first pressing which is bs. i considered buying it but i'm glad i did some research first. i already have a no idea 'first' press

when it's re-plated years later on another label, it's a totally different pressing, therefore I view that as the first pressing of the No Idea version.

First pressing OF THE NO IDEA VERSION.

Not "first pressing" - the point of the thread here.

It isn't right to call a reissue a "first press," regardless of the time it's done or the new plates used or the new label, without differentiating from the original one.