Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise

daniel

I have to be honest, as much as I love this album I think this was a poor LP release. I'm spinning it right now with the volume cranked up and I'm totally unimpressed with the sound quality. Honestly I think the 320 kb/s MP3s sound better than the LP. For example, the bass on this album sounds excellent but on the LP it just sounds muddled and cheap.

haven't listened to the vinyl copy yet but damn! that sucks

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to be honest, as much as I love this album I think this was a poor LP release. I'm spinning it right now with the volume cranked up and I'm totally unimpressed with the sound quality. Honestly I think the 320 kb/s MP3s sound better than the LP. For example, the bass on this album sounds excellent but on the LP it just sounds muddled and cheap.

can't reall dig that statement..

after the first few plays on my stereo.(Thorens TD165,Cambridge Amp, Rogers LS3/5A) i get a satisfying sound for a standard weight disc, with a proper bass tone and clean mids..maybe the sound differs from each vinyl..?! any refutations ?

A custom, fitted frame from AmericanFrame.com is less than just that frame cutter.

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

So glad I took your suggestion. Frame arrived today; assembly was a breeze. Apologies for my phone's lacking quality.

[image]

Perfect fit, and the price was right. Definitely going to be using them for future framing needs.

A custom, fitted frame from AmericanFrame.com is less than just that frame cutter.

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

So glad I took your suggestion. Frame arrived today; assembly was a breeze. Apologies for my phone's lacking quality.

[image]

Perfect fit, and the price was right. Definitely going to be using them for future framing needs.

wow, that really looks fantastic! bravo!

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

americanframe.com

[image]

That looks so great with the blue. How much was it if you don't mind sharing?

$51, complete with shipping. I went with a slightly better backing board, and there were a few cheaper, thinner frame options. You could probably do it for $40-$45.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. If anyone hasn't picked up the poster and is considering doing so, I'd highly recommend going for it. It's a super-quality print, and like Nolan said... there's just no denying how beautiful the actual art and concept is. I know I wouldn't have sprung for a custom frame if the lithograph was mediocre looking.

I bought mine for 9.99 on the website. It is unsigned
link?

and does anyone know if they're selling the vinyl at the current shows? I'm seeing them Saturday, and I'll pick one up there if they have it. If not, I'll just order it from hot topic.

http://store.circasurvive.com/2010/04/20/blue-sky-noise-lithograph/