Just got back from Saosin

Fuck you, I like this band.

Crowd was a lot bigger than I expected, honestly; it was only a few hundred kids, but considering how far off the map this band's been recently, I assumed much worse. Ken from 18 Visions is filling in on guitar for them right now since Beau's recording some band, and he was a little shaky on some of the songs. Cove was a bit sick, too, so some of the vocal parts he was forced to turn over to other band members, but overall, it was a great show.

Setlist by album:

Translating The Name - Seven Years, Translating The Name, Lost Symphonies

Saosin - Sleepers, Voices, You're Not Alone, Bury Your Head, Some Sense Of Security

Searching For Solid Ground - Deep Down, Changing, On My Own, Say Goodbye, Is This Real

B-sides/covers - I Can Tell..., Move Slow, Friends In Low Places (seriously!)

There might've been one more Solid Ground song, although I can't remember right now.

Also, if you're a fan of this band (specifically their early work, I'd recommend reading this tweet:

http://twitter.com/Saosin/status/9815221002

Fuck you, I like this band.

Crowd was a lot bigger than I expected, honestly; it was only a few hundred kids, but considering how far off the map this band's been recently, I assumed much worse. Ken from 18 Visions is filling in on guitar for them right now since Beau's recording some band, and he was a little shaky on some of the songs. Cove was a bit sick, too, so some of the vocal parts he was forced to turn over to other band members, but overall, it was a great show.

Setlist by album:

Translating The Name - Seven Years, Translating The Name, Lost Symphonies

Saosin - Sleepers, Voices, You're Not Alone, Bury Your Head, Some Sense Of Security

Searching For Solid Ground - Deep Down, Changing, On My Own, Say Goodbye, Is This Real

B-sides/covers - I Can Tell..., Move Slow, Friends In Low Places (seriously!)

There might've been one more Solid Ground song, although I can't remember right now.

Also, if you're a fan of this band (specifically their early work, I'd recommend reading this tweet:

http://twitter.com/Saosin/status/9815221002

I bet the other ISOSG song was "I Keep My Secrets Safe". They play it all the time and it's the best song on the album.

You're hinting that they're pressing an old release... are you certain? Beau was talking about pressing the new LP not too long ago.

ISOSG is so boring and cove CANNOT sing the older anthony songs. its embarrassing. im okay on everything else though.

Honestly, ISOSG has grown on me considerably. There are 5-6 really good songs on that record and about 2-3 more decent ones, but then the bad ones are just reallllly bad and shouldn't be on there at all. Had it been a 10-song album, it would've been way better, but at 14 songs and about 60 minutes, it's just too much.

Im only a fan of Translating The Name and the comp. songs Anthony sang on, I hope the vinyl release they're talking about is that EP.

I'd give anything to have the translating the name EP on vinyl

you might have to press it yourself. I don't see why the band would authorize pressing of an album that really isn't them anymore. I would figure the S/T and ISOSG would be pressed well before Translating.

in the original post Scott showed they played 3/5 of the EP at their show so they arent really against that album or anything. if theyre still playing the stuff i dont see how pressing it is any different.

also, the band originally put this album out themselves (i think, right?) so i imagine they have the rights to it or would be pretty easy to get. ive heard rumblings about it for a while so i wont be surprised if its TTN. and id be stoked.

also, it kind of really bothers me that Beau sat out a tour to record a band. shows where his focus is

in the original post Scott showed they played 3/5 of the EP at their show so they arent really against that album or anything. if theyre still playing the stuff i dont see how pressing it is any different.

also, the band originally put this album out themselves (i think, right?) so i imagine they have the rights to it or would be pretty easy to get. ive heard rumblings about it for a while so i wont be surprised if its TTN. and id be stoked.

also, it kind of really bothers me that Beau sat out a tour to record a band. shows where his focus is

In Beau's defense, the studio time was booked months and months in advance, and this tour the band are doing was put together very last minute. It would have been unprofessional of him to bow out of his production duties considering the band can function fine live with a fill-in. I believe he joins up with the tour today/tomorrow, too; he was only missing part of the tour.

In Beau's defense, the studio time was booked months and months in advance, and this tour the band are doing was put together very last minute. It would have been unprofessional of him to bow out of his production duties considering the band can function fine live with a fill-in. I believe he joins up with the tour today/tomorrow, too; he was only missing part of the tour.

Is it Translating The Name? Tell me so I can be so fucking excited!

Is it the self-titled? Tell me so I can be excited!

Is it In Search of Solid Ground? Tell me so I won't waste my time being excited!

Is it Translating The Name? Tell me so I can be so fucking excited!

Is it the self-titled? Tell me so I can be excited!

Is it In Search of Solid Ground? Tell me so I won't waste my time being excited!

I reallllly don't wanna count my chickens before they hatch, but the extremely tentative plan is for TTN to be YCR-002. This is absolutely nowhere near final yet, but the wheels are in motion.

Again, this is unbelievably tentative, so don't get too excited. Do I feel like it will eventually happen? Yes. Do I have a rough timeline? Not really. But we're working on it!

Good enough for me. If the acoustic bonus tracks somehow end up on there I'd freak out, but even just the EP itself would be incredible. 2/2 (tentatively) for YCS!