Recommend me some speakers, please.

haha thanks you're good. I think these are a bit bigger then I want to go. I rarely look at surrounding areas craigslists. Maybe I should change that. kudos to you for the help tho!

NHT, Totem, PSB. In my opinion, these will offer the best $ to sonic value. Specifically PSB Alpha B1, PSB Image B5 (if you can up your budget a bit) and NHT Classic Three**. All three are great, but I'd go with the B5 or the NHT's. Save up for decent speaker stands (and some BluTac!) in the next few months, and you'll have a rocking set up.

** Sorry, forgot the price was per speaker! I'll look into some others in your budget.

Bump, I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones. I'll be looking for speakers in a little while in that price range. help a player out.

Just got my debut 3 and I can notice a different even with my shitty old set up. Can't wait end of this week i'll have my mantraz 2218 receiver show up. :))) fun week.

Went with these, thanks alot guys. I read reviews and they seemed pretty good. Hooking it up in the a.m. Now my quest begins for a stand of some sort for the turn table , receiver, speakers and hopefully records in the same unit.

just got these bookshelf speakers the other day, they sound simply amazing:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Definitive+Technology+-+Studio+Monitor+350+5-1/4%22+Bookshelf+Loudspeaker+%28Pair%29/6639587.p?id=1151658129842&skuId=6639587&st=studio%20monitor%20350&cp=1&lp=1

they are on the pricier side than your budget, I got them with an employee discount for about half off the retail price. I swear by Def Tech Speakers, I have the bipolar towers in my living room home theater with built in subwoofers, sound is incredible.