PO: PELICAN ”What We All Come To Need” dbl LP red

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

PELICAN ”What We All Come To Need” dbl LP red vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/LORD206-1

We just got an email from our buddies at Southern Lord to offer colored vinyl for the latest Pelican album, "What We All Come to Need". The double LP contains 3 exclusive bonus tracks not available on the cd! Live versions of “the Creeper” and “An Inch Above Sand” and a demo version of “What We All Come To Need”.

The way that I understand it, this release has been pressed on clear with black splatter which was only available to Southern Lord subscribers. The way that it was explained to me is that the Red vinyl we are offering is the same color you can get from the Southern Lord store, but it will only be available from them and VC. The copies you find elsewhere are more than likely on black vinyl.

We expect copies as early as next week.

Guest Admin
I'll be ordering this with a few other things. Nice to hear this will be in next week.

So, the only colors are Clear/Black splatter, Red, & Black? Red sounds good to me.

that is the way it was explained to me.

Saw these guys back in December and asked the guy (stage left guitarist... can't remember his name; Not Trevor) running the merch booth "Hey, are you guys putting out the new album on vinyl?". His response "Uhhh, we hope so". In hindsight, not as interesting of a story as I recalled.

Anyways, glad to see this finally getting released. At least with Hydra Head the CD and Vinyl came out around the same time. The packaging for City of Echoes was totally sick.

Just saw these guys play last night as a part of the Scion Rock Fest. They were excellent as usual and had copies of WWACTN on vinyl. The one I bought is on clear vinyl and the sticker said it was limited to 1,000 copies. So, obviously there are more variations than what Virgil was told about. As can be expected, the packing is fucking top notch. This thing looks gorgeous.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn...I assume everyone above who has a copy didn't order from VC? I really hope I get mine soon...I'm dying to hear this.

I don't order shit from this place if at all possible.

I ordered a record last week and it showed up earlier than an order I placed here about a month ago which I still don't have.

VC is a joke, when will I learn ::)

ive learned to never put much weight into the timetables that virgil gives. seems like theyre usually incorrect.

more specifically with southern lord, the ephemeral EP took FOREVER to get in stock (and again, they were stocking the SL mail order color just like this). when SL finally did send them, they sent just black copies (if i remember correctly) until virgil fixed it and got colored copies.

got this email from virgil today:

just a head's up; we sold you a copy of the new pelican and were told we would be getting red vinyl. The few that I opened are clear. If that is a problem, let me know immediately as we are gonna ship these out today.

I think the clear is their mailorder subscription color; either way, the records look fantastic.

thanks.

virgil

--

only bummer is that i didn't get a shipping notification today! oh, right. still waiting on TGUK 12".

i wonder if there really is a clear red variant and VC just got clear by accident. i can read. so black, clear and red? is there word on a clear w/ black splatter?

• 2 weeks later...