deal with a fraud is a biggest shit for freelancer

i just lost design fee from a project i worked on last september.

a client/ fraud ask me for clearing bill on novermber but still didn't get 550 usd for fee right now.

and that one also doesn't pay 7000 usd building and decorating fee to a supplier i co-op with.

i plan for sue since last month but lawyer fee makes me headache and it doesn't worth at all.

so i have a 3500 usd debt which i should response to my supplier and lost 550 usd.

worse than a job i lost on last march....

:(

I got screwed yesterday too... I got word last week to start a project and was wrapping it up yesterday when i got a phone call that basically said the project was canceled... That basically stole $1000 out of my pocket.

I learned the hard way to get 50% in advance before i start on any project.

Stupid me... Now i am beyond bummed, pissed and broke!

jordan and laurenxvx :

thanks a lot for kind words.

mrc :

yes, i face a same shit like you but this project is an interior design for cosmetic shop which i only have 4 days for finished all. for 2 sites.

so i designed all part as pre-fabrication things for use shortest time but i can't wait for a space rental sign from the fraud and the mall/ space owner because all pre-fab things need 15 days at least for make them up. and a boundary and space are not exact as the mall drawing which the fraud gave me.

at first resolve, the fraud told me he will ask for response from the mall and the mall refuse for all response. they think that's a problem between the fraud and me.

and i just got an answer the fraud aka my client doesn't response anything because he think it's my not circumspect.

and the worst thing is i didn't get a sign on both invoices i sent to him. those are in his hand.

alexh :

that's why i don't think i will get money from this sue because it seems all are my negligence.

a lawyer i spent 2 hours for speak today told me it hard for get all.

themean :

all of those numbers figure out by above message.

i really disappoint in what i've done.

angry myself a lot and nothing can do right now, i guess....

:(

I feel your pain. I'm always in a position of being owed money since I freelance exclusively. I feel like I spend 1/3 of my time getting work, 1/3 doing the work, and 1/3 trying to get paid. I wish someone would write some code that would allow me to remotely delete everything I've written for a company if they won't pay me. Of course that only applies to Web copy, but still...